Director of Product Design
St. Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
We are looking for a Director of Product Design to help take the visual language and user experience within our SaaS application to the next level. In this role, you’ll lead the Product Design efforts, own our UX vision and serve as a key member of the Product Leadership team. As a Director, you’ll be responsible for building a high performing and efficient design team responsible for the end-to-end user experience intuitive and accessible. Along with bringing your functional expertise and experience managing design teams and coaching top-talent, you’ll use strong collaboration and influencing skills when partnering with Product Management, Product Marketing and Engineering to ensure the delivery of work aligns to the overall company goals.
This position offers the chance to be a key leader within a fast-paced, high growth environment where innovative ideas are encouraged, and collaboration is a must. The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Support and impact Total Expert’s product design team by providing both technical and functional mentorship, career development, and product design leadership in collaboration with our Product teams.
- Build and define product design principles and implement them across the application and brand.
- Be a full participant in product teams, conducting discovery work with the market and helping lead the execution of our priorities.
- Conduct user interviews to discover needs, validate hypotheses, and conduct user testing.
- Build visual concepts to communicate ideas and explore potential implementations of a capability.
- Iterate on mockups and design workflows for new and existing application components.
- Evangelizes the user experience by setting a vision and overarching design that will drive engagement and excitement throughout the organization.
- Define and implement an experience program consistent with the vision of deepening customer relationships.
- Influence and partner with key groups product management, technology, and marketing to achieve outcomes.
- Responsible for designing the structural aspects of highly intuitive and well-crafted interfaces and digital experiences for our customers.
- Reason about the user experience across the platform and champion initiatives that will drive excellence in the product.
- Team advocate through phases of definition, prioritization, resourcing, and strategic execution.
What we look for:
- 7-10 years of enterprise cloud software design experience (Marketing or Sales products a plus)
- 3+ years leading a team of product designers / UX designers / UI designers
- Experience in leading customer research, customer validation, concept design, design systems, usability testing, and other modern design practices.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Experience crafting user interfaces for cloud-based web applications and working design systems
- Experience launching multiple concurrent products across a matrix organization.
- Expertise in UX standard methodologies and user-centered design methodologies
- Fluent understanding of wireframing, prototyping and advanced design principles
- Successful experience conducting user research and testing as measured by subsequent product/design launches
- Working knowledge of content management systems, design systems and behavioral testing tools
- In-depth understanding of accessibility principles and track record of delivering high-quality universal design
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex customer problems.
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience leading external user experience design partners/agencies
- Knowledge in the Financial Services industry
Big Company Benefits, Startup Lifestyle
We believe that living a balanced life leads to more creativity and productivity. Here’s what you and your family get for helping us build what’s next.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Club Membership
- Health Advocate Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Health Savings Account Flexible Spending Accounts Disability Protection
- Life & Voluntary Life Coverage Voluntary Benefits
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus
Total Expert is a high-growth, venture-backed SaaS company who is the Experience Platform for the financial services industries. Hundreds of banks, credit unions, and lenders throughout the U.S. use our Experience Platform to create customers for life. We enable our customers to build more human connections by creating relevant, engaging, and meaningful customer experiences.
At Total Expert, we strive for excellence, innovation, and customer success in everything we do. We are determined to reimagine the way people and technology work together so that we can allow our customers to build more meaningful, human connections with their customers.
Simply put, we believe that we are all a part of building something awesome and are committed to creating a world-class team and culture to do it.