Principal Product Manager Technical - External Services
Seattle, Washington, USA
Want to make database history? Come and join the team that is building the fastest growing AWS service in the history of AWS - Amazon Redshift. We are currently developing innovative new features, and we’re looking for top product managers to help shape the future.
Database Services team within AWS is responsible for setting the database strategy and delivering distributed structured storage services to AWS customers for the relational and the non-relational database segments. We believe that both our AWS and Database Services business are in their infancy. Over the next few years, together they will represent a very large business for Amazon. We are looking for an experienced product management leader to take our early lead in the database services market and help us grow the business by defining and delivering industry leading next generation database services architected for the cloud.
In this role, you will own the design, development, testing and deployment of Redshift database services. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor product managers and provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will be responsible for delivering on some of our most strategic projects. You will directly impact large scalable products at the cutting edge of distributed database technology and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
As a product management leader, you will part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
This position within Database Services team represents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, Â ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
· Responsible for identifying and leading work on most complex, large-scale products that have a major impact on the entire company.
· Serve as a lead on demanding, multi-team, cross-functional projects.
· Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
· Play a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements. Help form long-term product and business strategy and goals.
· Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time.
· Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
· Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends.
· Contribute to Amazon's growth by working directly with our customers
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visithttp://aws.amazon.com **
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5-10 years of product management or software development experience
· 5+ years of OOP/D and distributed systems experience
· MBA with a minimum of 10 years of relevant product management and leadership experience.
· Degree in Computer Science a plus, strong technical acumen required
· Experience with database systems will be a big plus
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job tags: AWS Product management