Staff Product Manager - Messaging Mobile Apps
San Francisco, CA, United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a senior product manager with experience building mobile applications to join the Conversational Messaging team. Twilio Conversations is a new product, and you will help take it to the next level. You will help to define the mobile application experience. In addition, you will collaborate with other Twilio teams that leverage conversations: Flex, Messaging, and Voice. You’ll be a big part of that, researching, specifying, and executing an entirely new direction.
- At least 5 years of experience in product management
- You have the confidence, initiative, and self-awareness to argue your positions across an organization, including in front of superiors and upper management.
- You have a track record of successful product releases and are acutely aware of what made them a success.
- You are an idea generator, you do your own research, and you thrive when given the freedom to run your product.
- You communicate your needs clearly to engineering, help reduce ambiguity, and take pride in your written specifications.
- You have some hard technical skills, perhaps from a past life. When engineers bring an idea or a problem to your attention, you won’t struggle to understand the implications.
- You know how to work with Sales and Marketing, and how to make a successful launch.
- You have experience Product Managing a mobile app product (iOS or Android)
As a Product leader on the messaging team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own the product vision for your areas of ownership. Represent your product roadmap and business metrics to Twilio’s executives, customers, and to product teams across the company
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Spend time with developers to deeply understand the problems they are trying to solve and help them to be successful. Discover market opportunities by deeply understanding customer needs and leverage market trends
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Prioritize your backlog to ensure you are always delivering the highest value features. Manage project plans for on-time development and release. Ensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
- DRAW THE OWL: Work closely with engineers on product solutions by iterating on API mocks, UI wireframes, and whiteboarding technical implementations. Work with your teams to evolve existing API and services and define new ones. Craft the developer experience.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. Deliver product requirements documentation, developer facing documentation and marketing documentation.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.