Senior Product Manager
Portland, Remote US
At Pocket, our mission is to enable people to consume content worthy of their time and attention. Our apps and platform are essential ways that millions of people discover and consume content on the web. We’re focused on building new experiences to grow our community of users and the ways people can use Pocket to reconnect to the magic of the Internet.
We're a small team that has access to the resources of a larger company: Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017 so in addition to working on projects within Pocket, you can also have impact at Internet-scale. You will have the opportunity to own projects from start to finish, projects that have a meaningful impact on hundreds of millions of people and that directly affect Pocket’s success.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Product Manager to help Pocket plan, define, deliver and manage products across platforms including Android, iOS, Web, and integrations into the Firefox web browser. You will play a critical role within the product team, reporting to the Head of Product, creating world-class, cross-platform experiences. Your job, as a product manager, is to help our team identify the right problems, ask the right questions, and craft the right solutions. If this resonates with you, let’s talk!
What you’ll do:
You will work closely with executive management, designers, engineers, marketing, customer support and most importantly Pocket’s users to conceptualize, design and deliver new features, improvements to existing features, and entirely new products for the Pocket platform.
- Lead, create and launch best-in-class product offerings in partnership with sales, marketing, engineering, user experience and support.
- Identify and own the most important outcomes related to your products.
- Exemplify a hypothesis-led, data-informed approach to building and managing products.
- Work across functions to identify the most important hypotheses to test, validate, and ship to accomplish those outcomes.
- Serve as a critical bridge across teams, some of which work at different speeds toward different goals and find ways to establish equilibrium and strong partnerships.
- Own the immediate-term product roadmap working with design, engineering, and project partners.
- Develop and communicate product priorities across the company.
- Interface regularly with the Pocket leadership team to discuss progress toward strategic goals.
- Be ever watchful for ways to do things smarter and more effectively.
- Identify market opportunities through customer research and insights. Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
What you already do:
- Lead teams shipping successful, innovative consumer-facing products from ideation through design, development and implementation. Experience with agile processes is a plus.
- Have 5+ years of hands-on product management experience, preferably at a startup or established tech company.
- Possess an analytical mindset: wherever possible, you look to resolve questions through data and measurement.
- Approach problems with a user-first mentality and deliver solutions that draw on your top-notch design instincts and product taste.
- Accomplish all of the above with strong communication and attention to detail.
- Ask questions, listen, facilitate input, consolidate feedback and support your teams moving forward confidently together.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications we still encourage you to apply!
What’s the team like?
We’re a remote-friendly team headquartered in San Francisco, with more than half of our colleagues working from home, co-working spaces, or Mozilla offices. Video conferencing, Slack chats, and shared documents keep everyone in the loop and make sure no one feels isolated. We value transparency and collaboration from the CEO on down.
As a subsidiary of Mozilla, we have the nimbleness of a small team with the resources of a large company, which means each teammate has the opportunity to make a big impact. But we also keep it real: our working hours are flexible—not just because we have team members in different time zones—but because we know you have a life outside the office, and we value that. You’re human, we’re human, and everyone at Pocket is treated with utmost respect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.