Product Manager - Subsurface
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Join our team as a Product Manager and be a key contributor to the delivery of our strategic technology roadmap.
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company enabling the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries. Our core software product, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), powers companies with access to all relevant data about their operations "contextualized" across different sources to develop and scale solutions that increase safety, sustainability, efficiency, and drive revenue.
Our bright, capable team includes some of the best software programmers, data scientists, designers, 3D developers, and commercial professionals in the business. Our international team works hard every day to accelerate innovation in data contextualization, advanced visualizations, and machine learning§. Together, we’re setting the standard for industrial software.
About the team
The Product Manager is a part of our Engineering team, working in the delivery of Cognite’s products in the subsurface domain. Our team consists of people with high-performance backgrounds, ranging from Management Consulting and Industry experience to software development. We seek to continuously improve how we work with our clients, how we enable Cognite to scale, how we work together as a team and how we develop as individuals.
About the job to be done
As a Product Manager, you will define, manage and prioritize the product backlog, working with internal stakeholders as well as customers. At Cognite, speed and impact are among our key values, and it will be your job to drive technology forward while also being accountable for modern user experience, customer adoption. You will work with teams of software developers, data scientists, solution architects, data engineers, domain experts. Together you will design, develop, and operationalize digital solutions to help the customers maximize value from their investments in Cognite.
Furthermore, the product manager is expected to navigate large and complex product deliveries and be an advisor on domain topics. You will have the role as an interface between the customers and the Cognite’s Engineering, and provide feedback to continuously improve Cognite’s products and services.
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value
- Lead the planning of product release and set an expectation for delivery of new services
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in petroleum geology or petroleum engineering; PhD is a bonus
- 5+ years with experience within subsurface data-flows and workflows
- Should have experience with Agile/JIRA/Scrum.
- Ability to suggest new features, improve existing features, usability etc.
- Previous experience in coding python, java, C++, etc. especially subsurface related applications and plugins also a plus
- Familiarity with cloud-based API-architectures
- Master’s degree in petroleum geology with experience in managing products in the geoscience domain, and familiarity with geophysical, geological, petrophysical, and reservoir modeling applications;
- Master’s degree in petroleum engineering with experience within the production optimization domain, and digital oil-field projects
Why should you work for Cognite
In addition to personal and professional growth, the opportunity to make a big impact and be part of a highly competent, dynamic team, we offer the following:
- Competitive salary and benefits, including pension plans, insurance, parental leave, and more
- IT-equipment and tools to allow you to be productive
- Mobile phone plan and a broadband connection at home
- Extended private health services to supplement Norway’s socialized healthcare system (including a free annual health check, on-site clinic, mental health support, and more)
- Free snacks and drinks throughout the day, to keep you running
- Subsidized lunch at the on-site canteen, with a variety of delicious, healthy food options
- Free staffed gym on-site
- Options for lots of social activities with your fellow Cogniters (including book club, team sports like football and boxing, as well as after-hours social events)
- Free online Norwegian courses for levels A1 and A2
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment at work and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment; everyone we hire will receive the same level of consideration for training, compensation, and promotion.
We ask for gender as part of our application because we want to ensure equal assessment in the recruitment process. Your answer will help us reach this commitment! However, the question about gender is optional and your choice not to answer will not affect the assessment of your application in any way.
Application deadline: October 4th 2020