Senior Product Manager
About the opportunity
As the Product Manager in our Developer Experience Group, you will be at the forefront of delivering our next generation APIs and enabling world-class developer tools. Together with a cross-functional team of designers, researchers, and engineers, you will be responsible for identifying 3rd party developer opportunities. As a Product Manager deeply engaged with a powerful developer platform, you’ll bring fresh ideas about how to maximise developer value in multiple ways across the content delivery, operations and software-build workflows.
What to expect?
- You’ll be joining a technical team, so a thorough understanding of developer workflows and build pipelines is a key prerequisite
- Own and understand the developer’s needs and key problems to solve, then describe it, quantify it and work with your team to envision and build the very best solutions
- Work with Product Marketing to create the most effective GTM approach, including packaging, pricing, and targeting
- Collaborate with Design, Research, and Engineering to define, scope, and deliver the right solutions iteratively
- Communicate broadly to the company about upcoming plans and opportunities, making yourself a expert in your area
- Work with your manager to gain investments in the opportunities you discover
- Lead by example, commitment, and thoughtful discussion
- Be able to work with data to demonstrate the scope of opportunities you uncover
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to tackle big, ambitious projects that span the entire Product Development organization
What you need to be successful?
- You’re a Product Manager with at least 5 years of experience building and bringing at leasts somewhat technical products to market
- You understand the B2B SaaS marketplace and model
- You enjoy complex technology and platform-scale problem-solving
- Ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a team
- Great communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills and capable of collaborating with multiple internal departments
- You have the technical knowledge needed to work effectively with external developers, platform engineers, infrastructure engineers, and presentation layer engineers
- Ability to analyze both usage data and qualitative feedback to draw conclusions and make recommendations
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, ARD Broadcaster, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.