Director of Product Marketing
Richmond, United States
Posted 9 months ago
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Director of Product Marketing.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 900 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Director of Product Marketing is a critical role in the leadership of the marketing department and will lead a team of product marketers and regional marketers in developing product strategies and marketing plans in collaboration with the sales and product development teams.
This position will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and offers the opportunity to have immediate impact in fulfilling the organization’s mission and growth goals.
• Develop and lead the strategic marketing planning process for all Great Minds products.
• Establish planning process cadence and timelines to best support market needs.
• Partner with the Curriculum Content teams to create strategic marketing opportunities for all products.
• Recommend target audience research initiatives to identify insights to drive segmentation strategy for performance of marketing initiatives.
• Lead marketing managers to deliver marketing plans based on audience insights, knowledge of established policy, nature of market, and cost factors.
• Lead regional marketers to develop region specific marketing plans to support the sales team needs.
• Deliver creative briefs for internal and external use to develop assets needed for marketing campaigns.
• Establish measurement process for tracking and analyzing data (e.g. Hubspot, Salesforce, Google Analytics, etc.) to gain insight into consumer behavior and ROI on marketing initiatives.
• Deliver metric-driven high-quality lead generation campaigns.
• Partner with creative, production services, corporate communications, and events teams to develop execution of marketing tactics.
• Strong proficiency in strategic development and execution of marketing plans; 10+ years direct experience owning marketing campaigns.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, communications, or related subject.
• Experience in education marketing preferred.
• Digitally savvy with working knowledge of social media, online advertising, and CRM systems (preferred Hubspot, SalesForce, Constant Contact).
• Successful track record of highly effective marketing campaigns across marketing channels including email, direct, digital, experiential, and traditional advertising.
• Proven experience in targeting strategies and audience research for successful application to marketing initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to work with sales teams and provide marketing support to meet sales goals
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and departments.
• Experience with creating marketing planning processes to consistently deliver plans aligned for optimum market timing
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex information both verbally and in writing.
• Command of Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
This position will be located in our Richmond, VA office.
A resume and cover letter are required for consideration.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.