Product Marketing Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
At Cognite, the Product Marketing team plays a vital role in the company's software product based G2M. The Product Marketing team is responsible for company-wide product and related solutions' G2M strategy as well as sales enablement and performance analysis thereof. The Product Marketing team at Cognite consists today of three committed and passionate software product marketing professionals. Together, we have over three decades of experience in B2B and B2C software product management, product marketing, marketing, and enterprise software product sales from global software product companies. At present, the Product Marketing team is working from Cognite offices in Oslo and the U.S.
What You'll Do
- Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments: talk regularly to users and prospects and work with analyst relations for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape and become the go-to expert for your product area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams — product managers, sales, CS, design, PR, and engineering — to develop go-to-market strategy for our products
- Help enable user-facing teams at Cognite from Sales and CS to local teams in other countries to communicate product value and close more business
Who You Are
- Around 3-5 years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- At least 2-3 years of product marketing or go-to-market; experience working in B2B technology (enterprise software), infrastructure, or platform companies is preferred
- 1-3 years experience in direct sales is preferred; product marketing responsibilities require strong selling skills, both internal and external
- Experience working on product marketing throughout a product’s lifecycle, especially on product launch and market share building stages
- Strong domain expertise in a particular industry and/or business function where Cognite products are used
- Understanding of the purpose of presentation slides – a series of visually appealing cue cards that tell a compelling value story, not product documentation in PowerPoint format
- Awesome presentation skills. As the person who trains the salesforce on product and competitive positioning, product marketing has to deliver presentations to the salesforce in the same inspirational manner they want salespeople to deliver them to customers.
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to CEO—and differentiate Cognite. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track
- Passionate about technology. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at Cognite. You thrive in a fast-moving environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- A team player. Product Marketers collaborate with basically every team at Cognite. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work, engaging with team members in different time zones and geographies
- Driven by curiosity and desire to constantly question the status quo. To you, nothing is ever fixed or final, but everything can always be improved to advance both the short and long term strategic goals of Cognite.
What Makes Us Great
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking global projects
- High level of autonomy, ability to influence decisions and to learn from mistakes
- Work along side a driven, engaging team with in-depth software expertise and industry experience
- Opportunity to join Together@Cognite for social, community, and diversity initiatives
- Focus on agility and speed, openness, togetherness, impact, and obligation to speak up
- Join a team that truly lives their values and brings their whole selves to Cognite --> watch some of our Cognite Voices | Carlo Caso, Katrine Tjølsen, Petter Reistad
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Compensation + 401(k) with employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Global Mobility & Exchange Program
- FriYay Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company enabling the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries. Our core software product, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), powers companies with contextualized OT/IT data to develop and scale solutions that increase safety, sustainability, efficiency, and drive revenue.
With HQ offices in Norway, Japan, and the U.S., Cognite has garnered the attention and partnership of some of the world's top industrial and tech companies, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Boston Consulting Group, Bloomberg, Digital Energy Journal, and Houston Chronicle. Google awarded Cognite Google Cloud Technology Partner of the Year 2019 for Manufacturing and Austin Business Journal named Cognite 2020 Best Places to Work.