Mobile Product Manager - Digital Services
New York, New York, United States, Remote, San Francisco, California, United States
Eight Sleep is the world's first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to fuel human potential through optimal sleep. We use innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised 68 million to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2018.
Our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod is an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. It was named one of Time Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2019. We’re excited by the recognition and still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
Eight Sleep is looking for an experienced mobile Product Manager to join our Digital Services team. The ideal candidate has experience within a start-up or midsize company with small squad like teams. We are looking for candidates with roots in data and predictive analytics, and experienced in UX and user-centered design. We want someone with a high bar for product quality, technical prowess, and a passion for health tech and wellness.
The Product Manager will work directly with machine learning engineers, sleep science research, and designers to build smart, autonomous experiences to ensure that our users have the best possible sleep biologically possible. Eight Sleep is working to deliver the first ever hardware + software Sleep Fitness solution.
- Initiate and leverage qualitative and quantitative customer research to deeply understand customer’s sleep needs and transform that into value-add user stories and product requirements
- Work with complex data sets and to deliver seamless experiences around sleep and recovery
- Write stories and sprint goals that clearly communicate key objectives. Develop, refine, prioritize and track implementation of requirements and new features
- Assess customer opportunities, prioritize initiatives, and make data and judgment driven trade-offs
- Design and run A/B tests to learn about customer behavior, iterate, and optimize
- Closely collaborate with and orchestrate efforts across functions and teams, including engineering, UX, analytics, research, and product marketing
- Conceptualize, scope, define, and drive projects through the product life cycle
- Communicate product details to senior management
- Work cross-functionally with customer care and marketing teams to validate, launch, support, and
- monitor new features
- Track and measure the success of each release, and feed those learnings back into the roadmap
- 5+ years of experience in mobile Product Management, previous experience with mobile for hardware IoT products a plus.
- A proven track record of shipping high customer satisfaction consumer-oriented apps or services
- A strong background in data analysis - comfortable with retention and cohort analysis and using tools like Mixpanel and Segment/Iterable
- Experience contextualizing very large data-sets to customers in a way that is relevant and actionable
- Experience working with Product design teams, with knowledge of Sketch and/or Adobe suite
- Relentlessly resourceful, with the ability to make big things happen with very few resources
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment. Ability to innovate in complex, ambiguous situations
- A passion for sleep, wellness, technology, and connected devices