Senior Product Manager - Speed Team
London, Tallinn, Budapest
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Speed Team in London / Tallinn / Budapest. This role is a unique opportunity to grow as a product leader and to join our mission to make money without borders instant, convenient and eventually free for millions of people across the world.
In this role you will have two main challenges:
Firstly, to figure out how we get to our mission of instant transfers faster. We are already ⅓ of the way there, but we need you to help us get to 100%. Secondly, where we aren’t instant, to figure out how we make sure that no customer needs to contact us wondering where their money is.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Speed Team:
- You’ll be figuring out the vision and goals of the team; how to measure them and how to set the OKRs – you’ll make the decisions and define the product strategy with the team
- You’ll be responsible for understanding the why and how of the product so you can break down how transfer speed works both from a customer and technical point of view to anyone
- Once travelling becomes safe again, you’ll have the opportunity to travel - our team is based across Tallinn, Budapest and London and we work with teams in other locations too
- You will work with designers and user researchers to figure out how we solve the biggest customer contact driver at TransferWise - knowing where your money is at any given point in time
- You’ll pave the way for quick and iterative development allowing the team to execute without blockers and with clear hypotheses
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Directly contribute to our mission - you will need to figure out how we can get to our mission of 100% transfers being instant faster
- Choose your path to impact - we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own
- You will work closely with other teams at TransferWise from Banking to Customer Services to get us closer to our mission and solve customer problems
- Grow as a leader - You will build and inspire your own team, but also other teams to contribute to our mission
A bit about you:
- Customer-focus – You’ve worked on a product with thousands or even millions of customers, ran surveys or research and interviewed people who used your product
- Entrepreneurial – You have delivered high impact projects or products before: we are looking for someone who has been in product management for at least 3-5 years
- You’re data-driven – You are able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and get the entire company behind you telling a story with the data you have enquired
- You love getting things done - you make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility to do whatever needs doing to solve customer problems
- You understand technology and how to build products well enough to be able to help the team know when to invest in tech debt reduction, bugs or new features
Some extra skills that would be great:
- You have experience of mentoring other Product Managers or Product Analysts
- You can create SQL on your own and build dashboards using BI tools like Looker
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.