Mid Level UI/UX Designer (Mobile) - Mr D Food
MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Mid Level UI/UX Designer (Mobile).
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
- Take ownership of wire framing, designing and developing user interface designs for web and native mobile products.
- Ensure a consistent look and feel across all platforms, with platform-specific enhancements to adhere to platform best practice.
- Maintain and enhance the visual assets and style guides used across all platforms.
- Collaborate with the product team and business stakeholders to define, design and deliver new user experiences.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure successful execution of the UI designs and adhere to the specified guidelines.
- You will report to the Senior Designer and Product manager.
- A Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent industry experience, would be beneficial.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a combination of UX/UI design for web and mobile. (ecommerce and mobile focussed experience preferred).
- Proven experience in wire-framing and high-fidelity prototyping (Experience in Figma, and Principle preferred).
- Please include your portfolio in your application to show recent innovative designs and flows.
- Be up-to- date with UX principles, graphic design standards and trends for both mobile and web platforms.
- Comfortable to work in a fast paced environment where timelines and requirements may change.
- Good at problem-solving and simplifying complex processes, and the ability to translate verbal ideas into concepts and designs that demonstrates the user experience.
- The ability to present the rationale for design decisions
- takealot.com group employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
takealot.com group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.