Payments Product Manager
Forter, the leading e-commerce fraud prevention provider, backed by $100M of capital from top-tier VCs, is growing rapidly. Forter is looking for a talented Senior Product Manager to help us develop our SaaS omni-channel Trust Platform. We aim to create an ecosystem of trust, which allows merchants to transform their ecommerce experience by facilitating a fast and fraud free customer experience at every interaction from signup to checkout, removing unnecessary friction and false declines.
We are looking for someone who truly understands that a great product should be simple and iterative - destined to solve customer pain points and deliver significant business value. As part of our Product team you will be required to be in tune with market needs, and to define elegant solutions to help Forter provide the best enterprise-level fraud solutions in the market. You will report to the VP of Product, and collaborate with our talented group of designers and engineers to help build innovative solutions for our customers. You’ll be working with the brightest minds in the fields of fraud prevention, big data analytics, and Artificial Intelligence, and have a great pool of people from which to learn.
Stuff you’ll be doing:
- Own the full product lifecycle from initiation to post-launch:
- Ideation of products needed to support Forter's business strategy
- Define product KPIs, monitor the product/features success, and adjust the plan based on those KPIs
- Preparation of detailed requirements for R&D
- Collaboration with R&D throughout the development lifecycle
- Owning the release plan, including coordinating with Marketing and Sales on relevant collateral
- Serve as a bridge between the business side and R&D and become a point of contact for customer offering issues across the organization.
- Engage with customers, prospects, partners, and additional Forter stakeholders to come up with innovative solutions for client needs, taking into consideration the competitive landscape and Forter’s vision.
Stuff you’ll need:
- To be an expert on payment processing - Deep understanding of online payments processing and payment optimization tools and methodologies, on merchants level as well as on processors level.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager in the Payments Industry with proven ability to specify and deliver quality products.
- Proven experience launching products to the market from POC/Beta to General Availability
- Experience defining interfaces (APIs) between platforms / products , vetting potential partner APIs, to support workflows and integration architecture for complex systems, including several 3rd party components
- In-depth understanding of various components, systems, and workflows on various Payment Service Provider ecosystems, in order to support integrated solutions with various partners throughout the payment lifecycle (e.g. issuers, payment processors, card networks, etc.)
- In depth understanding of various types of payment methods
- Credit/Debit Cards
- Digital wallets - ApplePay/GooglePay/AmazonPay
- Alternative payment methods / Local payment methods
- Real time payments / ACH
- Proven ability to translate product strategy and key customer and market requests into a business case with detailed product requirements.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders from Enterprise Level customers/partners.
- Self-starter with the ability to work through ambiguity and to do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful.
- Excellent collaboration consensus building and facilitation skills. Specifically, demonstrated ability to process large amounts of inconsistent information and drive forward decisions based on an objective fact base.
- Ability to work closely with remote teams.
- Availability to travel for meeting customers, prospects, partners and other stakeholders.
- Experience writing detailed technical PRDs / User Stories in an Agile product development lifecycle environment.
Would be very cool if you have:
- In depth understanding of 3D-Secure protocol evolution and implementation
- In depth understanding of relevant industry regulatory requirements with regards to payment authentication such as PSD2
- In depth understanding of various credit card tokenization solution implementations and their implication on PCI-DSS compliance
- Proven experience in creating best-in class UX for checkout leveraging relevant mobile/web client side technologies and measuring feature quality and user satisfaction.
- Experience with various technologies used to establish digital identity across multiple channels (e.g. behavioral biometrics, document verification, etc.)
- Technical experience such as designing APIs for SaaS services
- Experience in Product Marketing
- Experience working with online retail customer