Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA
Expanse protects the world’s most important organizations by discovering risks on the Internet no one else can find. Our customers comprise more than 10% of the routable Internet and rely on our products to discover, manage, and secure their global Internet assets. Born from DARPA, Expanse was founded in 2012 and is backed by more than $135M in funding.
As a Senior Product Manager you will be responsible for defining market requirements, crafting the go-to-marketing strategy, and managing features for one or more of our Enterprise SaaS Cybersecurity products. This position involves close interaction with customers, development leads, engineers, data scientists, field engineers, and support. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working to support the sales channel and key customers.
This role is a key influencer who exposes use cases and requirements from customers, sales, competitive analysis, and customer success and manages the product and feature lifecycle from concept through to field enablement. Job duties include gathering requirements from customer and internal stakeholders, defining, prioritizing, and tracking functional requirements, and monitoring delivery. A strong technical background is preferred.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the product strategy and roadmap for one or more SaaS products and product features
- Create user stories for current and future products based on the market’s problems
- Work closely with customers, pre-sales, and post-sales to drive requirements for and to prioritize feature asks
- Work closely with Engineering to turn unique technologies into differentiated products that solve real customer needs
- Adroitly make strategic and tactical feature tradeoffs with Engineering to meet delivery timelines
- Determine requirements and prioritization leveraging customer and stakeholder input with product insight
- Understand customer pain and Customer Success projects to uncover new product opportunities and features
- Create core processes and engage in ongoing management of Product responsibilities such as feature releases, release cycles, and bug bashes
- Intimately understand competitors and how to beat them
- You bring experience from tech with at least several years as a working Product Manager focused on software for enterprises.
- You have knowledge of growth-stage companies that incorporate best practice agile scrum development and lean startup principles.
- You drive product vision in a collaborative environment, interacting with a variety of stakeholders.
- You have a track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- You are able to influence without authority and collaborate with technical and cross-functional teams who may not report into you to get things done.
- You gather and analyze large quantities of information, and then turn them into a thoughtful and compelling product vision with a sound economics/business plan.
- You're comfortable with ambiguity and making decisions with imperfect information.
- You have experience driving user interface design for usability.
- You are personable yet persistent and persuasive.
- You are open to traveling occasionally for work, up to 20% of the time.
- You've earned a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or you have equivalent technical experience.
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
- Company sponsored parental leave
- 401k Plan
- Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops
- $75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend
- $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
- $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities
- $500, one time, to customize your remote work space so you have what you need to be comfortable and productive
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Refer a Friend
Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Expanse is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.