UX Architect - Principal Product Designer
United Kingdom (Remote)
HashiCorp is the multi-cloud infrastructure automation company. Our open-source software is used by millions of users to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. The Global 2000 uses our enterprise software to accelerate application delivery and drive innovation through software. We're looking for a UX architect who is deeply passionate about bringing human-centered thinking to the technology infrastructure space, and who is excited to work on the bleeding edge of technology.
About the Role
As a UX Architect, you distill complex problems into insights that inform design, development, product, and business decisions. You seek out diverse data points and triangulate them. You eagerly use new research methodologies to understand users and problem spaces, dig deep to uncover and synthesize insights, and build narratives to frame complex problems.
You're passionate about technology and even more passionate about the people that use it. You tirelessly advocate for the end-user and have deep empathy for their everyday struggles and challenges. You always put their needs first, and you're unwavering in your desire to provide the best experiences for all.
The ideal candidate enjoys solving big problems with elegant solutions and a solid track record of conceiving and delivering extraordinary experiences for technical users, developing new projects, and passionately working on high-value, strategic initiatives under tight time constraints.
Your ideas directly influence HashiCorp's growth and success. You must have excellent communication skills, and thoughtfulness to build and deliver planet-scale experiences for our customers.
You play well with others. You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You bring a unique point of view to the table, and bring out the best in your teammates. You solicit feedback on your own work and add value to others' work.
Sound like you? Then you're someone we want to work with! Join us, and you'll get to work with some of the best and brightest. You'll find opportunities to collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, and researchers across our entire portfolio, helping drive a culture of experimentation and innovation to deliver exceptional experiences to a broad set of end-users. Your insights will matter - at scale.
- Able to work confidently and creatively on ambiguous problems
- Distill complex problems into elegant solutions
- Collaborate and iterate with a cross-functional team (e.g. design, product management, engineering, user research)
- Performing user research to better understand problems and validate solutions
- Work across many stakeholders to build consensus on a shared vision
- Constructively challenge existing approaches to push for better solutions
- Mentor and coach members of the product design team
- Communicate to senior leadership on strategic efforts
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record influencing product direction and strategy with actionable insights.
- Solid understanding of best practices for conducting research (qualitative and quantitative) in user experience, product design, or technology contexts.
- Ability to plan, design, execute, and communicate both strategic and tactical design and research engagements.
- Excellent project management, communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable ability to quickly learn new technology domains and synthesize them.
- Experience with quick visualizations, rapid prototyping & iterative development.
- Bonus: B.A./B.S. or M.A./M.S. in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology, or Design degree, or equivalent hands-on experience.
- Bonus: Experience designing for developer tools/platforms or at user-focused technology company
- Bonus: Experience leading, coaching, or managing UX researchers and product designers welcome.
- Bonus: Experience in relevant industry domain.
- Experience with remote teams preferred but not required.
Attributes we look for:
- Empathy for end-users and consumers
- Humility and a learning mindset
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1