UX Research student worker
København S, Capital Region of Denmark, Denmark
We’re changing the way people enjoy wine, and consequently disrupting one of the oldest industries on the planet. By harnessing the power of technology and social behavior, we’ve created the world’s largest - and smartest - wine community and marketplace. However, there’s still so much we want to learn about our users.
That’s why we’re seeking to expand our research efforts and seeking a passionate UX Research student worker who will support our research activities across the company.
The position is based in Copenhagen and reports to Head of Product Design with a dotted line to the Senior UX Researcher. As part of the Design Team, you will play an important role in helping our teams understand what makes users’ experiences intuitive, accessible, and magical!
You’ll help us answer the most challenging questions in product and design. You’ll participate in a wide range of UX activities, combining qualitative and quantitative methods, exploring user behaviors and motivations while learning from a great team all the ins and outs of research and how a product organization works.
This is a paid part-time position, and we expect you to work 15-20 hours per week, with flexibility around your courses and exams.
- Participate in research projects with users and merchants
- Support preparation of research interviews: Recruiting, scheduling, and incentive management
- Assist in running usability studies and task-based testing
- Codify open-ended answers and assist with data analysis
- Help compile findings for reports
- Conduct secondary research and analysis for business competitors
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Masters course with 1 or 2 years of study left to complete. Ideally studying Anthropology, Ethnography, Techno-Anthropology, Service Design, or another field with a strong focus on user research
- You can commit to staying for a minimum of a 6 month period
- You have an understanding of quantitative methods and are able to decipher data, graphs, analytics info, etc.
- You are interested in having a career in UX research and have a general knowledge of UX standards and practices
- You’re deeply curious about people, behavior, and digital products and like to ask a lot of questions
- You’re a great collaborator and can switch focus in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong communication skills orally and in writing, good at storytelling, and able to convey findings in a compelling way
- You have empathy and listening skills that help you build rapport and understand users
- You have some experience applying qualitative methods from other student jobs or internships coursework or side projects
And most importantly - you’re not an asshole!
TRUSTED BY MILLIONS TO DISCOVER AND BUY THE RIGHT WINE EVERY TIME
Vivino is the world's largest online wine marketplace and most downloaded wine app, powered by a community of millions of wine lovers. Vivino’s unique wine shopping experience leverages community data to suggest personalized wine recommendations for each individual user. In addition to making wine discovery fun and effortless, Vivino is the best place for wine drinkers to buy wine. The Vivino app is available for download on Android and Apple devices.
We are a fast-paced, growing team with offices in San Francisco, California, and Copenhagen, Denmark. We also have teams around the world in the UK, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Ireland and Hong Kong.
Our team is passionate about our core purpose - to empower people everywhere to enjoy wine to the fullest. We do that every day by building technology and leveraging data that puts the power back in the hands of the consumer. We do not see wine as a commodity, but as an offering of a cultural experience that was once out of reach for many, but is now open to everyone.
VIVINO'S FIVE CORE VALUES ARE:
- Always Strive for Better
- Work Together
- Earn and Offer Trust
- Be Approachable
- Lead with Data
VIVINO OFFERS EMPLOYEES OF OUR COPENHAGEN TEAM:
- Awesome work culture with few formal procedures and limits
- A diverse team of many nationalities
- Possibility to visit our San Francisco office
- Friday wine bar with free wine
- Lunch catering
- Pension plan
- Health insurance
- Discounts on wine purchases
We also learn about and explore the wonderful world of wine together on a regular basis through tastings and events. A passion for and interest in wine is helpful, but not required.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Vivino is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION