Senior Product Designer
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Take a seat on our rocket ship and join us on our mission to change education around the world. We’re a rapidly growing SaaS company and are looking for a Senior Product Designer to create exceptional experiences for parents, educators and centre managers across the world.
Who are we?
Xplor and QK Technologies have recently joined forces to become an international team of over 130 people hailing from offices in Melbourne, Brisbane and London. Being part of the TSG, both our brands share the passion for education and innovative technology and want to support those who make it great.
Our product suite is changing education by helping childcare services and educators easily manage all aspects of their operations, as well as by connecting parents with their children's well-being and growth.
What will I be doing as the new Senior Product Designer?
You’ll take design ownership of our entire product suite from our legacy products through to our brand new beta products.
You’ll get to lead and mentor another design team member and grow the team as needs demand. This is very much a hands on role where you’ll be deeply immersed in the design process and the granularity around design decisions.
You’ll get to build on the great work already done and then work to evolve the suite to the next level.
You’ll do this through collaborating closely with our product and development teams to create exceptional experiences for parents, educators and centre managers.
You learn quickly to understand the ‘why’ behind a problem and design solutions which anticipate the needs of our users. While moving fast to iterate your designs, you’ll also be meticulous about impactful design details that will delight our users. Your visual design will add character to interactions, expressing our brand’s personality and style.
- You’ll own our design system guidelines and leverage these to create visually strong and consistent user interface design
- You’ll plan and conduct research activities where required such as: interviews, surveys and customer workshops.
- You’ll synthesise primary and secondary research into actionable insights.
- You’ll contribute to the product strategy and roadmap with our product managers.
- You’ll ideate and wireframe multiple design solutions while keeping a balance for user, business and technical goals.
- You’ll test concepts with our users and rapidly iterate your designs based on feedback.
What would make me a good candidate?
- You’re fast and fluent in Figma, Sketch or other design tools.
- You’re an excellent articulator: you are able to explain the rationale behind your design decisions and conceptual ideas both verbally and visually.
- You get deep satisfaction from seeing the personal growth in others, so leading and growing in a small tight knit team is perfect for you.
- You care deeply about how products impact users’ lives, and put this at the heart of what you do.
- You’re an outstanding collaborator across cross functional teams and positive recipient of feedback.
- You’re a forward-thinker with an impeccable attention to detail and eye for bringing innovative techniques in how we delight our users.
- You’re motivated by a fast-paced, scale-up environment where you will have to adapt to changing business priorities.
- You align with our four core values: Be Humble, Obsess Over Others, Think Deeply Move Quickly, and Embrace Change.
You get to be a part of redefining the education sector and have a chance to make a real impact every single day you come to work. Some of the other perks of working with us:
- We're offering a salary between TBC + Super
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn, with accelerated career development for high performers
- A collaborative, flat structured team environment with people who truly love what they do
- Regular social activities and celebrations
- 10 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave benefit
- 3 days paid Volunteer Leave per year
- $1500 individual yearly L&D budget
- Childcare discounts, mental health support
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote working from anywhere in the world for 8 weeks per year for all roles
- Discounts to study an MBA in Innovation and Leadership
- Discounts on tech from Apple and JB Hi-Fi
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To start your application with us, please include your CV, cover letter and most importantly, a portfolio of your previous work. Unfortunately, applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can not be considered. Please also include the word "rocketfuel" at the top of your resume or cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad.
Individuals seeking employment at our company are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please also note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check as part of their employment.
Everyone will get a response.