Senior Product Designer (3 month contract)
Cleo was created to fight for the world's financial health.
Already, she’s helped 3 million people improve their relationship with money through simplicity and a sense of humour.
Cleo’s not a bank though. She’s an interface for the 99% – an AI assistant defining a new category, one that goes beyond saving up to actually changing how we feel about our finances.
Through chat, Cleo hits you with ridiculously personal insights into your spending, while suggesting personalised financial products that increase your ability to save. But really, it’s our tone of voice that sets us apart.
We’re a product for the next generation. That means meeting our users where they are and building the type of relationship they expect. It also means dropping the BS.
On the frontier of design
We’ve been working hard on a new brand identity for the future of Cleo, and we now need to bring in a contract product designer to work closely with our Head of Design and the wider design team to help us define and document how this updated brand could work inside our digital products.
We’re looking for someone who can help us workshop and ideate visual direction based on the brand guidelines we’ve worked with an agency to create, someone who can define and document these design decisions in the form of a design system which can then be used by our cross functional squads. Strong visual design skills are a must for this contract role and experience with writing design documentation and creating or working with design systems is a big bonus.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with our Head of Design to define a new visual language for our digital products
- Participating in/facilitating workshops with other designers and stakeholders
- Validating and iterating designs with researchers
- Executing polished UI concepts and mockups
- Building out design documentation and a design system
- Working with engineers to implement some design system components
- Experience with design systems, design DNA and brand experience
- Obsessive about design quality and world class visual design execution
- Deeply curious about people's relationship with money
- Used to working closely with developers, stakeholders and other designers
- Experienced developing, shipping and iterating with user focus
- Passionate about pixels, craftsmanship and the impact of design
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.