Global RPA Senior Product Marketing Manager
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, US
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
IBM Cloud Integration is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager for our Automation portfolio, focused on Robotic Process Automation, the fastest growing software segment according to Gartner. This role will directly support IBM’s recent WDG Automation acquisition globally and own the broader RPA message for all of IBM. You will be responsible for the external positioning of our product offerings, corresponding point of view and messaging, inbound and outbound marketing activities, and market views. In this role, you will develop strategic marketing plans for IBM offerings through market research, competitive analysis, customer engagement, and business planning. You will work closely with clients, offering management, development and sales to launch new offerings and craft the market facing messaging and positioning of our existing portfolio. You will conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand and sales results.
You will be the expert in buyer personas - how the target audience buys and their buying criteria - and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel. As a champion in the market, you will help drive our IBM Automation value proposition and gain insights that enable you to contribute to our broader go-to-market strategy. You will be client centric, data driven and agile to the core to deliver optimal business outcomes. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into differentiated outcomes and benefits is crucial.
A Day in the Life:
- Client Focused – Executes plans and programs by understanding the personas (buyer, influencer, user) of a buying cohort.
- Positioning - Identify and develop positioning that uniquely differentiates IBM Cloud as the leading provider of next generation Cloud products and solutions.
- Storytelling - Ability to use persuasive and compelling storytelling when communicating in various situations, understands how to be concise.
- Sales and marketing tools – Create collateral, whitepapers, presentations, videos, blog posts, and more, to communicate the value proposition of our offerings, and drive strong organic traffic leading across a high performing buyer’s journey.
- Technical Writing - Able to develop presentations and speak about them using technical writing skills.
- Launches – Plan the market launch of new products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Communications - Work with sales and marketing teams to broadcast our message to the market, across the organization, and our partner community.
- Market intelligence - Be the expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on our competition and how to succeed.
- Demand generation – Support the strategy and programs that create interest for IBM Cloud across market segments.
- Industry leadership - Represent the company at industry events, conferences, trade shows, webinars, on social media, and as a spokesperson for analyst and press coverage.
- 4+ years of experience in Product Marketing
- B2B marketing experience
- Experience with Agile tools & methodologies
- Experience working in a highly matrixed global organization a plus
- 6+ years of experience in Product Marketing
- Marketing of automation, business process management, decision management, artificial intelligence, enterprise content management or related products and/or services a plus
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Research Value proposition