Senior Product Manager - User Experience
San Mateo, CA, USA
Snowflake is one of the fastest growing enterprise software companies ever. We are ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s list of top startups, and #2 on Forbes list of top private cloud companies. We’re looking to add exceptional product managers to our team to help define and build the future of how companies use data.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
The most important users of Snowflake are the administrators - the people who set up, manage, and keep Snowflake running for the entire data teams at their own companies. Snowflake has dramatically reduced the amount of administration that’s needed, but that also means that we need to make these super users incredibly effective and efficient, even when managing an environment spanning multiple clouds and geographies, tens of thousands of end users, and hundreds of critical business processes. For many of these admins, if Snowflake isn’t running perfectly, their whole business is severely impacted.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to own the experience that Administrators have with Snowflake. This ranges from how they configure Snowflake both in the UI and via other tools, how they set up limits and governance, how they secure data and enable users, and how they monitor the entire complex system to make sure that they are getting the most out of their spend while at the same time enabling as many users as possible. It’s an opportunity to define what it means to administer and manage Snowflake, and to turn our most vocal champions into superheros in the eyes of their own teams.
IN THIS PRODUCT MANAGER ROLE YOU WILL:
- Define and evolve the product vision and direction for our administrative experience, both on the UI, but also every other interaction that administrators have (ranging from configuring third party tools, to integrations with version control for infrastructure-as-code setups).
- Work in a cross functional and collaborative role spanning several teams such as product, design, engineering, marketing, sales and support.
- Ship features and improvements frequently and iteratively. You will own getting your product out the door, and you will own making sure it’s constantly getting better.
- Be responsible for all aspects of your product - if anything goes wrong, you’ll be on the front lines fixing it.
- Work hand in hand with customers, engaging in frequent conversations both onsite and in customer offices to understand their needs, gather feedback, and overall ensure that product direction is in tune with customer needs. You’ll often go stretches where you’re talking to multiple customers every day, and you’ll rarely go more than a week without a deep customer conversation.
A PRODUCT MANAGER AT SNOWFLAKE IS EXPECTED TO:
- Be able to understand the breadth of our product line and how customers use it, as well as technical details especially in owned areas.
- Have experience defining a product vision and roadmap and managing incremental execution through successful launches.
- Thrive in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of a fast moving startup. That means flexibility as well as dealing with ambiguity.
- Be highly data driven, knowing how to get, understand, and use data to make the best possible decisions.
- Move quickly and constantly iterate, moving from hypotheses developed from customer conversations, data and insights to running tests to confirm those hypotheses, to learnings and iteration towards a solution that customers didn’t even realize they wanted but now can’t live without.
- Operate and think at both the UI layer where much of this work will live, but also deeper in the technology stack. Know whether the limitations of the current backend are reasonable or if we should rebuild to enable new capabilities. For example, though you won’t necessarily own them, you will have to learn about AWS PrivateLink, about SAML, and about database role-based-access control among many others.
- Drive execution with a cross-functional team, ensuring that everyone is working towards the same goals and impact.
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience in a technical role, with at least 2 of those in a product management role.
- Show an understanding in the area of data management, Big Data analytics, data warehousing and/or cloud technologies is a plus.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?