At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
We are looking for a data-savvy product expert to join our product team, whose objective will be to support the fast and sustainable growth of the HelloFresh business in Canada. You will support and drive product decisions, with relevant insights derived from quantitative and qualitative analysis. The ideal candidate is curious, analytical, and obsessed with delivering measurable results.
- Working cross-functionally to drive changes to product strategies (design analyses, query data, draft recommendations).
- Work collaboratively with other departments to develop product launches and new initiatives with a focus on improving the customer experience.
- Dig deep into the data, completing analysis to help answer business questions and determine high-impact opportunities.
- Report product launch results, highlighting successes, failures, positive trends, and negative trends.
- Work closely with the culinary team to identify trends and develop products to capitalize on those trends
At a minimum you have:
- Relevant university degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics, Math, Engineering or other related field of study.
- 2-3 years of experience in consulting or product ideally within packaged goods or an e-commerce environment.
- You’re a data junkie with advanced proficiency in Excel, love finding the details in facts and statistics, and putting it all together for an actionable plan.
- Understanding of how to pull and work with data (e.g. SQL, Excel); with interest in further learning.
- You have strong business acumen and can translate insights into actionable recommendations that align with business objectives.
- You have intellectual curiosity: you always want to know the “why” and you go beyond the scope of a given assignment to get your answers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions and levels.
- A critical thinker—who uses logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems.
- An excellent communicator: you distill and communicate complex solutions to a non-technical audience.
- You have strong project management skills with an ability to prioritize according to highest business impact.
You are highly interested in learning about or already have experience in:
- SQL-based databases and tools such as MySQL, SQL Workbench, and Tableau
- A/B testing and statistical analysis
- Consumer research and taking data to insights to actions
If this sounds like you, please click the Apply Now button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies.
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate boxes
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- Awesome environment at our downtown Toronto office - work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. We like to have fun and hold all-staff events for holidays, occasions, and milestone celebrations
- We’re a social group even remotely - from team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays, there’s always something happening for you to participate in
- Our delicious recipes are tested in the office, and you can grab a bite (or a plate)! Otherwise, there’s a fully-stocked kitchen with snacks.
While our HQ is working remotely at the moment, we’ve kept the work-hard, play-hard energy up virtually!