Product Designer - Cove
New York, NY
About Thirty Madison
There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison, a fast-growing company with the simple belief that everyone deserves access to specialized healthcare treatment. With a recent Series B raise of $47 million and established healthcare investors like Polaris, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, and Maveron, Thirty Madison is well positioned to continue expanding on their mission. By launching customer-centric brands built around each specific chronic medical condition, we’re able to bring the specialist experience directly into people’s homes with online doctor consultations, treatment delivery, and ongoing support through resources like our symptom trackers.
After launching Keeps, Cove, and Evens in two short years, we're hard at work preparing our next brand to launch. Every time we launch a new brand, we get smarter and better at delivering high-quality healthcare to our customers. We’re constantly learning from our existing brands to strengthen our new brands, rapidly pushing ourselves to improve the customer experience and raise the standard of care our customers receive.
Cove launched in 2018 and is growing rapidly. As an end-to-end DTC migraine management platform, Cove fills an important gap in migraine care and offers the convenience so many have lacked. We have enthusiastic customers who love our brand, are constantly expanding our product portfolio and working on exciting partnerships. We aspire to be a lot more to customers than a destination for medication, and building a real community for migraine sufferers is core to the way we envision building.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join the design team. In this role, you’ll design important features for our patients, help expand our growing design system, and ensure we’re always delivering the best experience possible to our users. We build products that healthcare consumers can truly love, and they need to come first.
The ideal candidate is energetic, creative, detail-oriented and relentless about raising the bar. You can work at a fast pace, own things from concept to production, and are obsessive about making things better. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and will challenge us at every turn. We’re first to market, so there’s no healthcare business to look to for best practices and inspiration, and the person we're looking for is motivated to build a brand that owns this space and sets the standard for migraine care. This is an incredible opportunity to help build a healthcare brand that people truly love.
This role reports to the Senior Product Designer, Cove.
You're the right person for the role if you are:
- Skilled at balancing visual design, user experience, and business needs demonstrated through features that have shipped
- Passionate about the craft of building valuable, high-quality products
- Obsessed with great customer relationships and creating the best possible journeys for users, all the way from user flows to fully fleshed-out and polished visual designs
- Able to think, execute within, and expand holistic design systems and component libraries
- Fluent in user-centered design methodologies, including user research, wireframing, prototyping, and usability testing
- Have a solid grasp of web standards, accessibility, standard design patterns, and responsive design
- Experienced working within an agile framework, delivering development-ready comps and working with engineering to clarify your intent
- Highly curious about data. You value metrics and performance. You want to make things that aren’t just beautiful, but deliver results
- A self starter with a strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to drive meaningful results for our patients and our business
- A team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude
- Enthusiastic and can elevate the team’s ability. We love to learn from each other.
Some things you will work on:
- Take your own ideas from concept, to visual design, to supporting its implementation
- Experiment through prototyping, testing, and iteration to build experiences our patients love
- Understand the behavior of existing and prospective patients through user research and testing in collaboration with Product, and analyze the findings from these explorations to implement changes across Cove
- Help establish the foundation and expansion of Cove’s design system as we broaden our product’s capabilities
- Elevate patient experience with Cove through expanding and refining all aspects of our product
- Partner closely with members of the business (product, marketing, data, strategy) to create innovative but practical solutions to business challenges through design
- Give and solicit feedback from other Designers, Product Managers and Engineers in order to continually raise the bar for design quality
You should have:
- 3+ years of relevant product design experience, ideally at a consumer-focused, product-driven company
- Proficiency creating pixel perfect high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma, etc.
- Some experience working with and updating design systems
- Experience with prototyping (InVision, Principle, etc)
- Proven ability to use both quantitative and qualitative data to inform your design decisions
- Strong understanding of typography, color and layout
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail that shines through in your work
- A portfolio that showcases your thinking, skills, taste, and craft for design.
- Passion about making health care more consumer centric and making care for chronic health conditions a better experience
- If you’ve worked in health & wellness and/or e-commerce (subscription preferred)
- Experience on projects that improve conversion and/or retention
- Foundational understanding of software development and common languages used in building web applications, i.e. HTML, CSS and React principles
How we are managing the COVID pandemic and impact on work/life?
These are unprecedented times, and we understand the impact to everyone is different. Our goal from the beginning has always been about employee safety first. We went from optional to work from home very quickly in March, and we have told employees that they can remain remote for the balance of 2020 to allow them to appropriately plan where they want to live.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, 401k, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.