Senior Product Manager - MEA
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Middle East & Africa (MEA) team working from our London office. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission, grow as a product person and help save millions for our customers in MEA and around the world.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Every month, we help hundreds of thousands of customers send money to and from the Middle East and Africa. Your mission is to make sending, spending, and receiving money in the region instant, convenient, and free for each and every one of these customers - as well as finding ways to reach the customers we’re not yet helping.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
- You’ll build a deep understanding of customers and markets in the MEA region, and use this to guide the team to focus on high-impact opportunities. How you do this is up to you, let it be drawing conclusions from data, working with the research team to understand customer behaviour or speaking to customers directly
- You’ll go the extra mile to help the team execute - whether it’s unblocking a negotiation with a partner, coming up with creative solutions to reach more MEA customers and better understanding whether we can take on technical debts to progress faster
- You’ll be championing MEA customers in the rest of the organisation, and liaising across functions (customer support, financial crime, operations, etc) to build great products
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Directly contribute to our mission to make money without borders the new normal - you will need to figure out how we can get to our mission of 100% transfers being instant faster
- Build world-class products: The role is a unique opportunity to build state-of-the-art products focusing on expanding the TransferWise offering in MEA specifically
- Choose your path to impact - we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across TransferWise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader - You will build and inspire your own team, but also other teams to contribute to our mission
A bit about you:
- Customer-focus – You’ve worked on a product with thousands or even millions of customers, ran surveys or research and interviewed people who used your product
- Making decisions and providing direction - You can differentiate the signal from the noise and focus on what’s truly important
- Entrepreneurial – You have delivered high impact products before in data-driven environments
- You’re data-driven – In a world of conflicting signals, you are able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and get the entire company behind you telling a story with the data you have enquired. You’ll need to show us you’re dedicated to utilize or to master any type of data analytics tools (eg. SQL or Python or Business Analytics tools) quickly, to be able to self-serve your own analyses
- Communicating clearly and logically - You are comfortable communicating with internal and external partners on challenging issues, whether in written format or at sprint planning with the team
- You have fresh ideas - You don’t accept the status quo, but are interested in solving problems in novel ways. You are able to communicate the impact of those ideas and formulate plans to implement them
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- You’ve got a connection with or experience working in the Middle East or Africa
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.