Designer: UX Design
Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
As an Associate Design Director, you lead a group of designers through a proposed solution phase. You are responsible for communicating up through the team; reach out to peers to seek critique to align across teams. You’ll help less experienced team members support the design story and direction. We will expect you to have exposure to multiple projects, complete assigned work independently. You’ll be accountable for decisions at the project level.
Your Role & Responsibilities:
- Leads the implementation and facilitation of client workshops and participating in client-facing presentations. Directs others in working with clients.
- Owns the delivery of innovative user experiences and market outcomes. Leads individual contributions and small team workstreams. Direct the work of junior team members. Develops and disseminates original intellectual capital for IBM and clients. Imparts skills and best practices across the team and studio.
- Active participation and contributions to design associations and communities. Participates and co-facilitates studio events and programs. May contribute to cross-team and open source initiatives. Mentors junior teammates, may give skill-based training sessions. Drives involvement of their team in the design community.
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking, problem framing, problem solving, and craft skills. Facilitates workshops. Assigns work where appropriate. Participates in developing new design thinking techniques as needed. Leads story, issue writing and use of agile practices within a workstream. Where applicable, helps to drive software delivery processes and practices.
- Practices and encourages cross-functional team collaboration. Seeks new responsibilities proactively, shows maturity and diplomacy, and creates opportunities for others. Leads project management in addition to individual design work.
- Initiates design-focused groups and meetups. Speaks at studio-wide events. Co-present at conferences. Accumulates enough experiences to be sought after to provide their perspectives in their craft. Gaining experience of giving external presentations.
- Define the overall product direction and user experience for entire projects and/or complex individual tasks.
- Take an active role in defining new UX processes and standards.
- Hands on designer adept in user empathy, research, analytics, collaboration, quick prototyping and storytelling.
- Develop and demonstrate strong interpersonal, people, and project management skills.
- Resilience under pressure and against deadlines.
- Self-starting attitude and an open outlook.
- Awareness of current trends in business, design and technology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills in order to make outstanding pitches.
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Analytics Design thinking Open Source Research User experience UX design