Technical Product Owner
London, England, United Kingdom
(Please note that this role is to be based out of our central London offices, but due to Covid-19, we are currently working remotely)
We are currently looking to hire an experienced Technical Product Owner at our London location to support our growing library of games.
- Collaborate closely with technical and business stakeholders to create and prioritise the backlog for one or more of our web and mobile games.
- Work closely with the Solution Architects, producers, scrum master, art and development leads to design technical solutions to deliver the product visions.
- Define and elaborate epics and user stories.
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions within allocated timeframes.
- Promote Continuous improvements.
- Act as knowledge broker to resolve blockers and technical dependencies.
- Experience in a technical role (software developer, tester or technical analyst).
- Experience in writing Technical Design Documents or Technical Requirements;
- Solid knowledge of client-server architectures and network concepts.
- Ability to understand technical details of a system and foresee edge case scenarios and performance issues in a proposed solution.
- Able to manage development and delivery across different locations and time zones.
- Flexible to travel (2-3 times per year to EU)
Nice to have
- Experience in a games/mobile apps development studio.
- Experience in JIRA and managing development backlogs, writing detailed user stories and creating flow diagrams.
- Experience in relational databases, SQL and integration with third party systems.
- Scrum product owner certification
- Passion for experience in social/mobile games field.
- Up to 5% employer pension contribution with Aviva
- Private Health insurance with Vitality
- Full dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eyecare vouchers
- Events throughout the year
- Free coffee shop/free food throughout the week
- Subsidised Gym
Product Madness burst into life in 2007 as the brainchild of two Stanford Business MBA graduates who possessed an innate love of gaming. Initially, the entrepreneurs developed casual games for Facebook and mobile, before having a ‘light-bulb moment’ in 2009 and refocusing their efforts with laser-guided precision on the exploding social casino genre. They have been bringing world-class social slots to real slots fans ever since! Now part of Aristocrat Leisure, Product Madness have published hit titles Heart of Vegas, Cashman Casino, Lightning Link and FaFaFa on Facebook, iOS and Android platforms and have grown considerably in size over the past year with offices in London, Austin and Las Vegas.
Product Madness’ dedication to promoting diversity and inclusion is clearly reflected in all our content and across all our platforms. Diversity is more than a commitment at Product Madness—it is in the core values of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, maternity,
What is great about working at Product Madness?
Like all game studios, we have a fully stocked kitchen, foosball table, games room, lunches/breakfasts, beanbags to sit on and much more… but we know this isn’t what makes us unique. What makes us stand out from the crowd is the autonomy we provide our employees, the opportunity to work on top grossing titles and the professional development opportunities that everyone has access to. We understand that our employees are the key to our success and so ensure we pay above the industry standard and offer a comprehensive benefits package. That doesn’t mean to say it's all work and no play, we have a lot of fun creating games from our swanky office in Liverpool Street, as well as having a great social community that is truly reflective of the diverse teams we have here! So what are you waiting for, come and join the madness!