Product Marketing Intern
United States - California (Remote)
Product Marketing Intern
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
HashiCorp is seeking a Product Marketing Intern to help with HashiCorp Vault, our product for managing secrets and protecting sensitive data. This role will be a key part of our Product Marketing team and learn how to assist with go-to-market strategy and activities.
As an intern, you will get exposure to application security, devops, and running workloads in different environments, and how they’re being disrupted by the cloud. By the end of the internship, you will understand our customers and their needs so you can work closely across the organization to drive the right messages and go-to-market activities, deliver tools and training to the sales team, and help drive commercial success.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role. Specifics of your past experiences or coursework that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
In this role you can expect to learn how to...
- Develop and iterate product positioning and messaging that differentiates Hashicorp products in the market
- Work with sales, product management, and engineering to drive product adoption and product revenue
- Understand the ecosystem of partners and collaborate with them to drive awareness, campaigns, co-marketing, and other related GTM for the Vault
- Use your domain knowledge, technical expertise, and understanding of our target personas to create specific content to help customers learn about, select, and be advocates for Vault
- Communicate the value proposition to the global sales team and how to develop the sales tools and training that support the selling process
- Launch new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Be an expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; understand the market landscape and how to competitively position the product.
- Collaborate with the revenue marketing team, digital marketing, and field marketing to deliver the marketing programs that drive demand
You may be a good fit for our team if you...
- Are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field in the United States
- Have academic or some professional experience working in a corporate environment is preferred
- Have some knowledge with enterprise open source software offerings and bringing them to market
- Have strong ability to analyze an idea and develop a plan to execute
- Are able to collaborate and work effectively with various teams
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Are well-organized, excellent work ethic, attention to detail, self-starting, and an ability to learn
- Are creative thinkers who also understand real-world products
- Have a constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
- Emulate the HashiCorp principles
Please submit a cover letter that demonstrates your writing skills and tells us about your interest in being part of the HashiCorp story.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1 #LI-REMOTE