Senior Product Manager, Social Media
Senior Product Manager, Social Media
The Advertising Technology Product team builds the global engine for the world’s leading online home destination that powers our customer acquisition and retention efforts touching more than a billion consumers.
The social media senior product manager will own the roadmap and execution around Wayfair’s technology platform that manages planning, execution, and experimentation for paid and organic social media programs. This includes major partnerships with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and other social leaders.
In addition to collaborating with Engineering and Data Science to specify and build products, the PM will tightly partner with Marketing channel leaders to understand their business goals as they relate to paid and organic social. The PM should be a product athlete, fluent in Agile and leading frameworks, with a long history of successfully designing and launching B2B products.
This position is currently 100% remote through early 2021. After that time, it can be based in Boston or in other US cities with a 25% on-site presence in Boston.
- Own product development and roadmaps for Wayfair’s paid and organic social media marketing platform.
- Partner with Marketing stakeholders to deeply understand their businesses and co-develop potential solutions to supercharge growth, improve marketing efficiency, and increase automation.
- Work with external vendors such as Facebook and Pinterest to fully leverage their capabilities, identify breakthrough opportunities, and resolve operational issues.
- Collaborate with product leads on display advertising, paid search, and other channels to ensure we’re building the right capabilities in the right place.
- Use Agile processes to collaborate with Engineering and Data Science to execute on the roadmap while harnessing the power of emerging technologies.
- Work with larger Ad Tech team to ensure tight technological and strategic alignment with Wayfair’s overall platform.
- Communicate and evangelize the product vision and progress throughout Wayfair from C-level stakeholders on down.
- Develop and monitor OKRs for key product initiatives and ensure alignment with stakeholder objectives.
- Work with leadership to improve product craft and processes throughout the extended Ad Technology and Customer Intelligence team.
Desired Skills / Experience
- 3+ years building adtech or martech products with focus on social media, desirably with paid advertising programs. Additional experience as a social media marketer or analyst designing and running campaigns a plus.
- Solid understanding of the mechanics of social media advertising and organic social, with hands-on work with Facebook tools. Experience with other market leaders such as Pinterest and Twitter a big plus..
- Builder mentality -- you think in terms of customer problems and technology solutions, and have demonstrated success in creating business-focused products.
- 5+ years in B2B software/SaaS product management with exposure to the full lifecycle from concept to launch and beyond.
- Sufficient technical literacy to both understand the underpinnings of products to make key decisions as well as effectively communicate with engineers and data scientists.
- Knowledge of the adtech/martech vendor space, key players, and how ads flow through the ecosystem of three-letter acronyms.
- Work in e-commerce, either for large online retailers or for technology service providers, a strong plus.
- Solid SQL data wrangling skills, ability to create data stories and reports with visualization tools such as Looker, and experience calling APIs using Python or other languages.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level.
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude.
- A “no excuses” mentality that pushes through issues with creative solutions and tenacity, while maintaining a grace-under-pressure demeanor.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk- takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.