Senior Product Manager, Customer Insights Lead
Senior Product Manager - Customer Insights Lead
About the Team:
The Scribe team operates a data platform that enables teams to create new events and publish them from virtually any application. Scribe data powers real-time applications such as notifications, personalization, and core top-of-funnel systems like bidding and retargeting. Scribe events are also stored in Wayfair’s data lake to power analytics and a variety of other batch use cases. In addition, the team operates Scribe Foundation, a customizable dataset generator that provides a standardized means for cleansing, combining, aggregating, and republishing event data.
About the Role:
Nearly every part of Wayfair utilizes the rich data generated by user interactions to better understand the customer experience, make key business and marketing decisions, and report on the success of constant test iterations. The timely, accurate collection of this data is one of the core responsibilities of the Scribe team. From basic site activity, to database level changes, to inferred information based on activity (is the customer almost ready to buy a couch?), Scribe's real-time messaging system powers many downstream applications and analytics use cases.
The customer experience data you’ll be managing forms the bedrock of everything we do across Wayfair - from marketing, product recommendations and data science modeling to financial reporting.
What You’ll Do:
As a product manager for the Scribe team, your job is to put strong quantitative skills and technical acumen to use driving the strategy and tactics that it takes to scale the tracking platform to support the ever expanding business and customer base.
You’ll love this role if you are familiar with big data platforms and tracking software (such as google analytics, adobe marketing cloud, webtrends, mixpanel, etc.). This is a hands on product role, and you love diving in and getting your hands dirty. You get excited when new challenges arise.
- Own planning and execution for the Scribe Core platform team.
- Own the quality of our customer experience data and developer experience for teams implementing Scribe tracking.
- Proactively engage Storefront teams involved in performance and decoupling projects, ensuring that Scribe’s tracking toolset can capably support these strategic initiatives.
- Perform analytical deep dives to support investigations by business stakeholders. This is a great opportunity to get broad exposure to teams leveraging Scribe data across Wayfair.
- Proactively pursue improvements to data usability. How can we best improve quality of life for our analyst community?
- Work with Storefront and Advanced Analytics and Insights (AAI) teams to define processes and toolsets to better manage the quality of tracking implementations.
- Working with large and complex cloud datastores (e.g. HDFS, BigQuery).
- Develop the vision for our core customer experience data, and communicate it actively to our core Storefront partners.
- 4+ years Product Management experience, with a focus on delivering products and improvement iterations
- Intermediate SQL. You must demonstrate an ability to understand table schemas, join techniques, and common operators like WHERE, CASE, etc.
- Proven analytical / quantitative analysis skills, especially when working with web-based (big) data. Statistical analysis a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication and a demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to structure problems, develop clear hypotheses, and prioritize work against the largest impact initiatives.
- Technical software understanding beyond buzzwords. The ability to read and understand coding languages and the underlying logic.
- Consistent attention to detail that makes your product stand out to users.
- Positive, people-oriented and energetic.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk- takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.