Product Manager, Data Velocity
Product Manager - Data Velocity
About the Team:
The Scribe team operates a data platform that enables teams to create new events and publish them from virtually any application. Scribe data powers real-time applications such as notifications, personalization, and core top-of-funnel systems like bidding and retargeting. Scribe events are also stored in Wayfair’s data lake to power analytics and a variety of other batch use cases. In addition, the team operates Scribe Foundation, a customizable dataset generator that provides a standardized means for cleansing, combining, aggregating, and republishing event data.
About the Role:
In addition to powering core customer experience analytics, Scribe is a key component of Wayfair’s Data Exchange -- a standards-compliant platform for streaming and persisting event data at scale. We are growing the Scribe team to serve this broader scope. Our data velocity product manager will have a highly visible role working with teams across the organization to enable event-driven solutions and help define the feature set and vision for the generalized Scribe platform.
- Develop a deep understanding of the use cases for Scribe across a range of departments at Wayfair. Identify and communicate how these teams can best leverage Scribe’s platform.
- Identify commonalities across Scribe customers and help to shape strategy and feature sets to drive a more usable, manageable, and transparent platform.
- Own the scoping and delivery of key platform components that drive discovery, manageability, and observability of the distributed systems that Scribe enables.
- Become an expert with the universe of persistent data managed by Scribe, and an oracle for analysts across the organization to help discover answers to business questions.
- Be a chief advocate and communicator for Wayfair’s principles and standards around data management.
- Intermediate SQL. You must demonstrate an ability to understand table schemas, join techniques, and common operators like WHERE, CASE, etc.
- Proven analytical / quantitative analysis skills, ideally in a big data environment. Statistical analysis a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication and a demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to structure problems, develop clear hypotheses, and prioritize work against the largest impact initiatives.
- Technical software understanding beyond buzzwords. The ability to read and understand coding languages and the underlying logic.
- Consistent attention to detail that makes your product stand out to users.
- Positive, people-oriented and energetic.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk- takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.