Associate Product Designer
Zola is seeking a talented Associate Product Designer to be the customer advocate and interpret customer needs into thoughtful design solutions for Zolas registry. Product Designers at Zola are creative thinkers who effectively communicate their ideas and continuously collaborate with product managers, strategists, and engineers to continually innovate at various stages of product conceptualization and design strategy. The role is responsible for creating and overseeing detailed user experience design solutions, prototyping, feature lists, and testing ideas with real users, providing interaction and visual direction from definition to specification. Product designers are measured on the success of their product.
- Apply design principles and user-centered design methodologies to create a great mobile experience for our couples and guests
- Define, create, and communicate the experience direction using appropriate tools to describe intent. This includes: sketches, workflows, wireframes, interaction specifications.
- Lead every stage of product design life cycle including research, ideation, low fidelity design iteration, high fidelity design iteration, animation, and engineering support throughout development.
- Collaborate with product management, marketers, merchandisers, customer service, and engineers to define features.
- Plan and execute research activities including tool and method selection, participant recruitment, conducting sessions, and findings synthesis.
- Create effective and thoughtful product solutions by considering site analytics, customer feedback, and research findings
- Design solutions that drive measurable business objectives
- Bring inspiring and creative ideas into an energetic and collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge of native operating systems and mobile web design best practices
- Strong visual and interaction design
- Proven experience and understanding of native mobile and mobile web design/development
- Clear understanding of usability, user-centered design, accessibility and web standards
- Demonstrates thoughtful and thorough approach to design process
- Highly proficient in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch and InVision
- A portfolio which demonstrates problem-solving in the various phases of user-centered design
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Design-related field
- Proficiency in animation tools such as Framer or Principle
- Relevant eCommerce experience
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, and quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online and mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, and simply magical. We've raised over $140 million in financing, and we’re proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, and we’re proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, and we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion and perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, and partner will be respected and accepted and valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we also have a growing team in Charlottesville and Montreal. We’re hiring in all three offices. Come work with us!