Senior Product Designer
At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role:
As a Senior Product Designer at Remitly you own and drive the mobile App product design strategy and experience for our customers. You belong to the Design Chapter, and has decentralized approach where Product Designers are embedded in Squads, you report to the Director of Product Design. The Design Chapter has rituals to look at complete customer flow and experience, provide feedback for each other and collaborate. You are a Remitly customer experience champions!
- You have mastered and practice a ‘design thinking’, customer-centered, lean product design process; you have demonstrated great interaction design skills, good visual design skills, as well as the ability to conduct appropriate customer research to inform and validate your strategy and solutions.
- Work closely with your product team to create solutions that address distinct customer needs and business goals through research, workshops, design sprints, sketching, wireframes, site flows, low and high fidelity prototypes and high-quality visual design
- Design scalable systems and patterns for our native app customer experiences and responsive web
- Be a contributor in Design System definition and refinement
- Be and advocate for Mobile App best practices
- 10 years of experience designing mobile applications, showcased with a portfolio
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in: UX Design, Interactive Design, Industrial Design, HCD or related fields or experience
- Experience with Sketch and InVision software
- Create transitional states within an App using Micro interactions and motion
- Use eCommerce practices of merchandising and guiding customers through an experience
- Nice to have: Bi-lingual in Spanish, or other languages
- You are guided by data, curiously challenge projects, approaches and theories to inform your strategy and solutions
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer