Digital Designer & UX Designer (part-time)
Do you have a passion for digital design, with experience in UX/UI design?
Who is this for? This role is ideal for remote freelancers. We're mostly a distributed team with people working worldwide. We’re looking for a digital designer who can also, when needed, contribute to UX/UI design. Must have strong brand awareness and the ability to help us promote our product and brand to target audiences.
Location: Remote, in EU time zone.
Hours: Part-Time, approximately 10 hours per week
About Symless and Synergy: Our mission at Symless is to make great apps for people who have multiple computers. Since 2012, Symless has proudly developed Synergy, an app that shares one mouse, one keyboard, and one clipboard between multiple computers. As well as having over 2 million users worldwide, our app is also used at some pretty neat companies like Apple, Pixar, Disney, Google, Amazon, and many more. That said, we're actually a tight-knit team of 20 people, so you won't let lost in the crowd.
What about the role?
Your role will be to design compelling digital assets including digital art for promotional campaigns. You’ll also be making visual design changes to the website, working on email campaigns, assisting with website A/B testing and promoting our brand across social media. You will also have the opportunity to participate in UX design and improving our user interfaces.
You'll report directly to the VP of Technology and work closely with our existing UX/UI Designer as well as collaborate with the development team. From requirements research to interface design, you'll be involved in an iterative process that will result in an elegant and intuitive user experience. You will need to empathize with the user, feeling your way through their journey. You'll work closely with Software Developers, design wireframes and mockups, and then engage with users to test and analyze their experience. You'll contribute to the UX and UI design of our desktop apps, web apps, and e-commerce website.
Here are a few things you'll be doing:
- Design and create digital assets for various internal departments
- Implement design changes and create new pages on our e-commerce website
- Experience with website A/B testing
- Customer interviews and general research
- Perform quantitative and qualitative surveys
- Wire-framing and prototyping of user interfaces
- Working hand-in-hand with the UI Designer
- Test newly built designs to find opportunities
- Contribute to agile methodology and planning
- Teach others on the team what you learn
- Learn from 20 years of development experience
- Training is encouraged and paid as needed
We'll need you to have academic or professional experience with:
- UX, UI and web design experience
- Digital design experience
- Experience designing web and desktop apps
- Various web technologies, including HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of some or all of these design packages: Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Affinity Designer, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong brand awareness
Benefits of Joining the Symless Team
- Competitive compensation.
- Opportunity for rate increases twice per year.
- Professional development opportunities.
- An environment in which your ideas and professional opinions are valued.
- Casual work environment.
- Collaborative, creative and fun team atmosphere.
Thanks for checking us out and we look forward to the opportunity to get to know you personally!