Product Manager - Risk Platform
Remote - US
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why, and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Unfortunately, communications can also be misused by bad actors who attempt to game the system for nefarious purposes. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to own and lead our Risk Platform. Our customers range from individual developers to large enterprises that are well known brand names and they collectively interact with millions of consumers globally. The PM, Risk Platform will define the vision and strategy for our risk platform with the goal of preventing fraud and abuse and helping Twilio ensure trusted communications with our customers and consumers globally. The ideal candidate for this role should be passionate about protecting consumers and developing creative solutions to combat fraud and mitigate risk.
Success in this role requires building and maintaining strong relationships across operations, support, data science, security, and other product teams. We are seeking an Owner with strong product vision, intellectual curiosity, data-driven prioritization, leadership, and execution skills.
We are excited about the candidates with the following traits:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, leading products from development to launch.
- You are knowledgeable about different data science techniques and how they are applied.
- You are experienced and comfortable working at the technical level, understanding APIs and data.
- You are experienced working on a self-organizing agile software team.
- You have an analytical mindset and understand data systems.
- You are detail-oriented with great organizational skills and comfort with ambiguity.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing products/ services in the compliance, fraud, abuse or user protection space preferred but not required.
- Own and shape the product roadmap for our risk platform, building the products, tools and analytical systems we use for detecting and remediating fraud and unwanted communications, across all channels in our network.
- Collaborate with other product teams and operations teams to improve effectiveness to scale with Twilio’s fast growing platform.
- Strategize and iteratively develop new solutions with data science and engineering to combat changing fraud patterns and new vectors.
- Write and present detailed product deliverables on key initiatives to executives and stakeholders.
- Get involved with industry meet-ups and associations to stay on top of new trends and best practices.
- Get your hands dirty to remove barriers and obstacles hindering your engineering team’s ability to ship.
As Twilio grows, our platform for global communications becomes a larger target for fraud, abuse and unwanted communications. This role owns our investments and plans for managing and mitigating these ever-changing risks across the business while enabling Twilio and our customers to have a frictionless trajectory for growth. You will work closely with other product teams on visible projects with impact across the company. Your success is highly measurable, affecting Twilio’s bottom line and our reputation in the larger communications ecosystem.
This position is a remote position (work from home) with at least 25-35% travel expected, most often to our offices in San Francisco and Denver as well as to visit global teams and industry meetings and events globally. When visiting our offices, you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.