Product Owner, Payments
Amsterdam (Netherlands), Athens (Greece)
Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America and part of the international FreeNow Group owned by Daimler. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented People are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat’s footprint is rapidly expanding with current service in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina. Our global headquarters are in Athens and we are building our European headquarters in Amsterdam to attract the best talent in the world.
As a Product Owner at Beat, you will be responsible for the priorities and focus of your agile team, the short and long term vision for the products the team is building, and representing the squad as a communicator with the rest of the technology and product organization. You will be expected to have great business acumen accompanied with strong technical foundations. You will need to think strategically for our business while executing tactical plans with razor sharp focus.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Work with the stakeholders to analyze market data and align product roadmap to strategic goals
- Develop scope documents and define Epics/User Stories that guides our Agile Software Development teams
- Solve problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business development commitments.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end to end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Accountable for a created product(s), delivering in the product model and communicating the product needs with business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
What you need to have:
- At least 5 years of working experience managing and developing well-loved software products as a PM.
- At least 2 years of working previous experience in the Payments and Financial Services industry.
- Experienced in defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Capability of making and understanding the impact of complex prioritization decisions under pressure
- Be able to talk to people about their challenges, and lead the priorities of a team delivering software/systems to solve the hard problems engineers face in the domain of scale and wanting to build new functionality quickly
- Ability to focus on the big picture
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Great knowledge of the ride-sharing industry
- Be adaptable to change and able to execute quickly
- Tech-savviness and a continuous learning and self-development mindset
What is nice to have:
- Experience integrating and working with Payment Gateways/Acquirers and other alternative payment providers.
- Experience with Billing systems.
- Κnowledge of the ride-sharing industry.
What is in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Flexible working hours, top line tools, Spanish lessons
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch at a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Pension Benefit
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion