Product Design Manager - Supply Chain
We’re looking for a talented Product Design Manager with a strong portfolio focus on information architecture skills to join a team dedicated to our supply chain business partners and operations: the backbone of Wayfair’s customer experience. Your demonstrated skillset must include the analysis of user needs, business process analysis, information design and layout, workflows and interactions, and detailed aesthetics for both written and visual content. You should have experience working directly with Stakeholders, Product Managers, and Engineers to prioritize, specify, and deliver user experiences. As a Wayfair UX Designer focused on internal systems, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class professionals who are hard at work transforming the ecosystem and toolset behind Wayfair.com’s success. Our culture is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. We are looking for a self-directed, analytical, and creative individual with a passion for transforming complexity, logistics, process, and volumes of information into highly intuitive web-enabled solutions.
At Wayfair, we have established our leadership position in the market through a fierce passion for helping users find the best products for their homes. Our success has created a tangible opportunity to shape the future of eCommerce, and your work will have a deep and meaningful impact.
What You'll Do
- Raise the bar for experience design at Wayfair
- Seek out and utilize data to make informed design decisions
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Conceptualize and create pixel-perfect design mockups from sketches, wireframes, and other UX deliverables that represent your design thinking capabilities
- Communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely, while also being open to receiving feedback and direction as needed
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of UX design experience - a big plus if you have experience with web-based planning/visualization software and tools
- 2+ years of Information Architecture experience
- Communication and presentation skills. The ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it.
- Expert proficiency in Sketch, Invision, and other design tools.
- The passion and self-motivation to drive forward ambiguous projects
- Experience creating or using modular design systems and pattern libraries
- Experience conducting primary user research
- An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: user flows, wireframes, comps, or designs for complex software tools or applications, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.