Senior Product Manager, Retail
San Francisco, CA
Every few years, a company appears that transforms an industry. Instacart has the chance to be one of those companies, and you could be one of the early people that shape Instacart and help us change the way people shop.
In a few short years we've launched same-day delivery in nearly 100 major US markets, provided flexible work to tens of thousands of Personal Shoppers on our platform, and have sold and delivered billions in grocery products.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Rewards and Loyalty program is focused on providing our retailers the ability to delight their customers and drive repeat purchases. The products you build will enable Retailers and Instacart to provide Coupons, Offers, Points, and other creative loyalty drivers to customers. Your role will be highly cross-functional, and will require partnering closely with engineers, BD, designers, data scientists, and others to build products that strengthen Instacart partnerships and help us scale.
- You'll drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for our rewards and loyalty programs
- You will work on products for the instacart marketplace, whitelabel web solutions, native apps for retailers on iOS and Android, and API integrations
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Build, measure, and iterate rapidly and enable our retailers to do the same
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to retailers
- Prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software
- Develop a team culture of ownership, teamwork, and empathy that reinforces the core values of Instacart.
- A minimum of 4+ years in a client facing role and/or as a product manager
- Proven success in a consumer rewards and loyalty surface area
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to inform and advise a diverse set of stakeholders
- A technical background and API experience strongly desired
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define, capture, and decompose relevant metrics along with knowledge on how to perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Interest in spending time at partner locations in person
- Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline
- Experience with building enterprise B2B software is a bonus