2021 - Product Design Intern
New York City
Are you passionate about improving the world through design and making technology accessible to more people? MongoDB is looking for a product design & user research intern to help us create designs that are not only easy to use, but that are beloved by our customers.
Working with other team members, you will be responsible for determining user needs and preferences to create designs that will blend those needs with business objectives, continuously advocating for the user throughout the development process.
What we are looking for in you...
- You are in the process of receiving a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Digital Media Design, and/or related fields
- You are interested in prototyping, designing, testing, implementing, and evaluating user experiences for web based applications
- You are familiar with usability heuristics and best practices in UX design
- You have strong prototyping skills and are able to create wireframes and process flow diagrams
- You are able to plan and administer usability tests
- You have a portfolio of work or projects that includes case studies of design and/or user research projects that highlight your process and your role on the project
What you'll find at MongoDB...
- You will help define user needs and create designs that lead to great product experiences for MongoDB customers
- You will develop a deep understanding of users through ongoing user research and analysis of behavior patterns, and advocate for their needs
- You will collaborate with other designers and stakeholders to research, design and develop user interfaces for MongoDB products and services, partnering with engineers for design and implementation
- You will partner with software engineering interns in making products more user friendly
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*