Deputy Product Owner
Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is seeking a Deputy Product Owner for a Novetta developed, AWS based IoT platform for industrial sensors. You will work with the Customer, product owner, development lead,and infrastructure lead through the full agile software development lifecycle (SDLC) from requirements to testing and delivery, ensuring the team is producing a robust platform.
The Deputy Product owner will participate in a range of activities: translating requirements into features and user stories for development, creating meaningful acceptance and testing criteria, prioritizing the backlog, and ensuring that the technical capability delivers an effective operational experience for the users. This role requires maintaining a knowledge of current trends in software design, assisting our customer to stay abreast of applicable technology, ensuring the team implements modern IT best practices, and leveraging strong interpersonal communication skills. You will identify opportunities to prototype new hardware an technologies, propose proof of concept projects, and manage approved POCs.
- BA/BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- 5+ years of working with software development teams in an Agile environment
- 2+ years experience as scrummaster, product owner, QA Tester, or requirements analyst
- Demonstrated experience building robust, documented, production code-pipelines
- Strong understanding of network architecture within physical, virtual, wireless and cloud environments
- 5 + years experience as a software developer or as a system engineer
- Experience Managing a CI/CD pipeline, performing code analysis and reviews
- Experience with force protection mission
- Experience with industrial sensors or IoT
- DoD 8570.1 Certification (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills including managing risk and customer expectations; delivering capabilities briefings to non-technical users or analysts
- Active Secret clearance; TS/SCI eligible
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.