Product Designer, Internal Tools
New York, NY
Hi, we're Oscar.
We’re changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service, and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better health care.
This designer will work with Oscar’s Platform team and will play a crucial role in driving product design vision for our suite of internal apps. This role has a unique level of breadth, working with multiple product pods to deliver meaningful results for our internal users and the members & providers they serve.
This role reports to the Group Product Design Manager in our NYC office.
- Work with product managers, technical leads, engineers and business stakeholders to ship products, flows and features that facilitate and improve Oscar’s internal operations
- Work across multiple product groups / product areas
- Own specific product areas of focus + depth while helping guide the holistic journey across our suite of Oscar’s platform tools
- Collaborate with other product designers across the organization; give and get feedback on design work during critiques
- Structure and conduct outcomes-driven user research and usability testing
- Contribute to the Oscar design language system (anatomy)
- Contribute to and lead design-driven greenfield work involving key team members and stakeholders to discover near-term and long-term areas of opportunity
- We are seeking a mid-level designer with ~3+ years of experience designing digital products. We value designers from diverse backgrounds and will consider candidates with other relevant professional experiences in determining qualification.
- Portfolio demonstrating the ability to solve difficult problems through multiple case studies
- Exceptional foundational design skills, strong product thinking skillset, deep understanding of information architecture, and familiarity with front-end development basics
- Committed to creating elegant, simple user experiences within technically complex products
- Ability to evaluate and balance user and business needs
- Experience collaborating with product managers and engineers on product specs, requirements, roadmapping, QA, and facilitating progress at all stages of a project
- Iterative design methodologies and the drive to gather feedback early and often
- Experience driving user research, experimentation, and referencing and interpreting analytics to validate design decisions
- Highly developed time-management and organizational skills
- Experience within and excitement for the space of internal tools and enterprise software
Nice to Haves:
- Experience within the healthcare space
- Experience working in-house across multiple product groups / product areas
- Experience leading or designing for design language systems
- Knowledge of data systems
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.