Senior Product Designer, Customs
Design the Customs platform to power global trade
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the Flexport Design team simplifies the end-to-end user experiences for our clients, partners, and the operations teams that support them. We are seeking a seasoned designer with strong product vision to help elevate the current offering and formulate a compelling, business, and research-supported roadmap for the future. The individual sets a high bar for quality and knows how to help product teams effectively ship at that quality. While this designer will be chartered with driving a specific product area at Flexport, much collaboration will be required with their Design counterparts responsible for Client, Freight Operations, and Platform aspects of the experience.
As a Senior Product Designer in Amsterdam, you will focus on understanding the project needs, setting the design vision, and providing tactical design deliverables for local projects, starting with EU Customs workflows and workspaces. You will collaborate with the local PM and Eng team and align with the global Design and Research team to establish a user-centric approach to our product development lifecycle.
- Help formulate the product vision for your product area.
- Coach and mentor excellent designers.
- Inspire your team to push the boundaries towards innovation.
- Help designers collaborate with their Product, Engineering, Research, Data, and Business counterparts.
- Be a strong partner to your Product, Engineering, Research, Data, and Business peers.
- Align team priorities and deliverables to the company’s overall strategic goals.
- Collaborate closely with your Design peers at Flexport to ensure we create a consistent and cohesive overall product.
- Help evolve our current product design to align with Flexport’s brand in collaboration with the Brand Team.
- Help elevate Flexport’s Design community, culture, and processes.
You should have:
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating many successfully launched products, ideally in enterprise and service design
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and long-term vision
- Proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience conducting and/or collaborating with user research and data science to leverage their respective insights
- Ability to strongly articulate your design work and rationale to your peers and cross-functional team
- A degree in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.