Product Marketing Manager
London, England, United Kingdom
The marketing team at Opus 2 is leading our efforts to cement our position as a globally recognised brand and a leader in the legal technology space. We achieve that by acting as a catalyst to our technology, commercial and service teams. The recent COVID-19 pandemic has been a great accelerant for the adoption of technology within the legal sector, especially for dispute practices. Opus 2 has been at the forefront of delivering hybrid and virtual hearings for commercial litigation and arbitration globally. The Product Marketing Manager is a newly created role that is pivotal to help us deliver our ambitious growth plans within the disputes sector.
This role will be based in the UK. During the current lockdowns, the role will initially be working from home. When we start returning to the offices, there will still be a lot of flexibility to work remotely from home while coming into the offices at least two or three days a week as required. The person in this role will report to the Head of Marketing (based in London, UK), while working closely with the regional teams globally in the US, UK and Singapore.
What you’ll be doing
- Be the essential bridge between the product and our market by owning and defining the messaging and positioning and working closely with BD and marketing team members to drive awareness and adoption.
- Deeply understand our customers and how our products and solutions work globally for disputes, to help shape our go-to-market efforts and inform the product roadmap.
- Independently driving impactful GTM launch strategies by owning development of audience strategy, value proposition, messaging, positioning, and PR strategies.
- Developing research plans to uncover customer insights, feed into the product roadmap, and stay on top of the competitive landscape.
- Working closely with product and marketing teams to brief them with the user insights, value propositions and messaging in order to successfully execute go-to-market campaigns.
- Own the BD enablement for disputes and work closely with global BD teams to empower them with insights, messages, objection handling, presentations and demo frameworks.
- Continuously and proactively communicate the product vision and roadmap for dispute resolution, both internally and externally, to reinforce our leadership position in the market.
- Work closely with regional marketing managers to develop other key content such as videos, explainers, blog posts, data sheets, white papers brochures and other content to support marketing initiatives to engage our audience.
- Interface with product and client solution teams to drive release marketing efforts ensuring that the value and key messages around each release always reaches our audience.
- Become the domain expert within disputes and a spokesperson for our dispute offerings. Regularly present at industry meetings, events and webinars. And empower other spokespeople in the business to do the same and amplify our reach.
What we are looking for in you
- You are either coming from the legal industry with a passion for building a career in legal technology or have 6+ years’ experience as a product marketer in the B2B Legal -SaaS or -technology space.
- You have a passion for understanding people and technology and how they fit together. A particular interest in legal technology is essential.
- You are highly analytical; understand how to interpret what the data and information tells us and to use it to shape and develop our GTM strategy and activities.
- Listening is not a just a skill, but your key strength and passion and you have a high degree of empathy for your audiences and peers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are critical to this role: you are a charismatic, people-person that has the ability to talk to anyone and work in an ever-changing fast-paced environment.
- Your attention to detail is impeccable and are able to coordinate work across multiple teams.
- You are a self-starter, play well in a collaborative team environment and make things happen.
- You are objectives and outcomes driven and constantly measure and calibrate to ensure plans are on course.
- Learning and adapting is your second nature. As environments change and challenges emerge, you find ways to go around or through barriers to get things done.
- You don’t need to fit a mould, and these are just the minimum qualifications that will make your profile likely suited to this role. Use it as a guideline, but what will differentiate you and make you likely to land this role is described above.
- Experience in legal industry is essential and specifically within litigation or arbitration is a big bonus!
- A degree or apprenticeship in law, marketing or business followed by suitable experience.
- Fluent in English.
We are creating game-changing technology to empower lawyers in the digital future. Legal technology has been slow to get going but is currently moving at rapid pace as the legal industry catches up. We are at the heart of this movement, working closely with the top firms worldwide – 49 out of 50 of the world’s largest law firms are using Opus 2.
Our achievements are underpinned by our unique culture and our people are our biggest asset. Working at Opus 2, you’ll get:
- Contributory pension plan and free financial health advice
- Employee loyalty share scheme
- Season ticket loans
- 26 days annual holidays and flexible working
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- A day of leave to volunteer for charity and an active CSR team raising money towards a company charity
- Accessible and modern office spaces fully kitted out with table tennis, table football and a Jukebox.
- Regular company social events.