Product Manager - Programmable Voice
Denver, Colorado, United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communications should be a part of every product experience. The Programmable Voice product line's mission is to empower developers to build unique voice communication experiences. We’re seeking a talented product leader to define and execute against this giant vision that builds upon Twilio communications API platform.
Twilio is looking for a talented, passionate and experienced product leader to join the Twilio Voice team. As a product manager in this group, you will be responsible for the PSTN product which is used by both the Programmable Voice and Elastic SIP Trunking business units. This is the foundational building block that lets Twilio’s customers’ scale internationally, by abstracting away telecom complexity and delivering a high-quality service. You’ll be responsible for reporting on carrier COGS, pricing, and delivering the vision for the future.
Twilio is looking for a product manager with a demonstrated track record of identifying customer needs, setting vision, driving execution, and launching high value capabilities.
- You have 3+ years experience as a Product Manager
- Experience in telecom or software development (both is a plus)
- A plus working for cloud company with consumption based pricing
- You have a strong technical background with experience writing product requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- You have experience shipping products in a fast-paced environment, overcoming obstacles and delivering customer value
- You are data driven with strong analytical skills. A plus if you have experience with SQL and Kibana
- You are hands on, passionate, and collaborative
As a Product Manager responsible for the PSTN, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Own the product vision for your areas of ownership. Represent your product roadmap and business metrics to Twilio’s executives, customers and to product teams across the company
- Wear the customer's shoes by spending time with them, learning their challenges to help them to be successful. Discover market opportunities by studying market trends.
- Ruthlessly prioritize your backlog to ensure you are always delivering the highest value features. Manage project plans for on-time development and release. Ensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. Deliver product requirements documentation.
Voice and Video is one of the largest business units at Twilio with three market leading products. We are at the forefront of innovation in the real-time communications industry powering solutions at thousands of companies such as Uber, Zendesk, Morgan Stanley, and Netflix. Come help us continue to build the most innovative developer platform supporting a wide range of customer engagement use cases.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.