Senior Product Manager - Supplier Self Service
Senior Product Manager - Supplier Self Service
The global Supply Chain Integration (SCI) team sits at the core of Wayfair’s business. SCI facilitates the exchange of information with over 12,000 suppliers through millions of individual daily data feeds. We aspire to build real-time, automated, and accurate data feeds across all suppliers to support mission critical business processes such as inventory, purchase orders, order tracking and invoicing. The sophistication of our suppliers span a wide spectrum, complicating the SCI mission. As Wayfair grows, we need to be ahead of the curve in defining, building and implementing future-proof integrations with our suppliers. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to partner with our global supplier network and help build an automated supplier self-service experience. As a Senior Product Manager in SCI, you will be responsible for engaging with the suppliers and third party solution providers to learn about their self-service needs and drive the global integration strategy to build workflows customized to the needs of different supplier segments, depending on their level of technical sophistication.
What You'll Do
- Your mission is to drive the vision for Wayfair’s self-service experience with suppliers and third party solution providers:conduct market analysis, collaborate with operations team to identify the business value for each supplier integration workflow, and work with the engineering team to build an integration solution that can scale across multiple supplier segments.
- Develop a deep understanding of Wayfair’s Global Supplier network and help build solutions that address supplier needs based on their technical capabilities
- Drive the thinking and execution that will help suppliers improve their integration experience with Wayfair.
- Translate our product vision and strategy into a well-sequenced roadmap, and ensure that our roadmap evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals
- Work closely with senior leaders across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders, and ensure shared understanding of initiative strategy with cross-functional partners
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to define, monitor and communicate KPIs for your product area in order to continually improve our product in ways that matter most to our users
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features
What You'll Need
- 5+ years experience in Product Management with a demonstrated track record, preferably in a B2B customer facing environment
- 2+ years’ experience successfully leading and developing highly effective teams and engaging with external stakeholders
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds), MBA preferred
- Ability to think strategically and tactically while managing through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, and stakeholder management skills
- Examples of success in aligning a vision, strategy and execution across different functional organizations in highly matrixed environments with the ability to think and perform tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Experience in Partner integrations and Supply Chain Operations a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.