Senior Product Designer, Growth
Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey changed the way people gather feedback by making it easy for anyone to create their own online surveys. Today, SurveyMonkey’s mission is to power curious individuals and organizations to measure, benchmark and act on the opinions that drive success. Our People Powered Data platform enables conversations at scale to deliver impactful customer, employee and market insights. The company’s 700+ employees are dedicated to fueling the curiosity of over 16 million active users globally. For more information about SurveyMonkey, please visit surveymonkey.com.
Senior Product Designer, Retention Growth
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer who is curious about customers and passionate about data-driven design. Our belief is success depends on getting people to experience the value of our product as quickly and frequently as possible. Your resourcefulness and creative efficiency will help you navigate through uncertainty. You also stop at nothing to create beautiful, elegant solutions based on your clearly defined concepts. We are looking for someone with an appetite for validating ideas by running research and interpreting quantitative & qualitative data for each project. You are practiced at testing designs in small chunks to uncover insights and validate hypotheses at high speed – this ability will be an essential component to your success. You will join the team in our San Mateo office in a crucial role in the Product – Engineering – Design triad and will help build an essential company strategy to improve Retention. If this describes you then join our amazing San Mateo team to enrich and deepen relationships with our customers around the world. You will report to the Senior Manager, Product Design.
- You show expertise in selecting methods and techniques, based on your user-centric approach and business savviness
- You know how to build relationships with peers and partners, with practiced ability to promote agreement across teams
- You enjoy being hands-on with interaction design, visual design, prototyping and customer research – taking problems from concept to implementation, quickly and iteratively
- Bring a refined set of design skills to work every day, allowing you to jump in on whatever task the team needs to promote growth with speed and thoughtfulness
- Appreciate feedback – you will give it, receive it, seek it out through facilitation of critiques and retrospectives
- Obsess over details – UI consistency, micro-interactions, even project plans
- You care about the impact of the products you design, not just the outcome
- You are data-driven – whether it’s analyzing qualitative data to uncover insights or creating variations of a design for A/B testing - you balance user-centricity with an understanding of the data and business goal
- Value communication, organization and thoughtful rationale in design decisions
- Empower and inspire your teammates by sharing expertise through hands-on partnership
- 5+ years of experience (experience on a Growth team an asset)
- Work thoughtfully across the product design life cycle, with experience guiding and leading groups of designers or cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Engineering, Data Analysts, Marketing, User Research, Content Strategy and Localization
- The ability to form points of view balancing business metrics, and the user’s experience
- Experienced at creating a cohesive cross-product experiences, both consuming and contributing to a centralized design system
- Define and clearly articulate design criteria, and tell a clear thoughtful experience story through your design solutions
- Tailor your design process to the situation, anticipate obstacles to chart a course forward
- Cleanly and quickly produce quality design concepts based on qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Experienced with Sketch, Invision, Creative Suite, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS. You can adopt new tools, designs and technology into your work and teach them to others.
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
- Portfolio showcasing examples of design work. (Growth related preferred)
- Medical/dental benefits
- Paid holidays and parental leave
- 401k and equity compensation
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.