Product Design Intern
New York, New York
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Product Design Intern to join our Product Design team. The Digital Product team develops experiences and tools that delight our customers and fuel growth. We work in cross-functional squads to bring our mission, brand, and values to life online.
As an intern with the Product Design team, you will support designers who bring our product and brand vision to life on our iOS app and on the web. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn more about designing compelling experiences, prototyping tools, and design frameworks. You should be curious about customer-centered thinking, user experience, and how to strategically solve design problems. Working with the design, research, and engineering teams, you’ll enhance a customer-driven mindset within the product team.
What you’ll do:
- Work with our product design team to build prototypes for qualitative research aligned with specific learning objectives
- Participate in research sessions by documenting observations; partner with design and research teams to form actionable insights
- Contribute to our design system with the creation of Figma components to enable our design team be more efficient, consistent, and faster
- Partner with the engineering team to ensure that our design system and components are compliant with web accessibility guidelines
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers, QA, and engineering to polish, finalize, and release product changes
- Participate in design team and product team meetings
Who you are:
- Some foundational knowledge of how well-designed experiences come to life
- Desire to learn more about the product development process while working cross-functionally on a product team
- Working knowledge of Sketch and Figma with a curiosity to learn other tools used in design and research
- Some experience designing or prototyping mobile apps or website
- Undergraduate or recently graduated
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.