Lead Product Designer, Growth
Posted 8 months ago
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Product Growth Design team
As a Design Lead, you will be both hands-on and coach: delivering design work for some of our most important experiments, and managing 3 other designers that comprise the growth team. You will report to the Senior Director, Product Design, and work with her and your team to continue to evolve Growth Design at SurveyMonkey.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for a Product Design Lead who is curious about customers, passionate about data-driven design and energized by leading teams. Our Growth team is focused on getting our customers to experience the value of our product as quickly and frequently as possible. Your resourcefulness, creative efficiency, and ability to motivate designers and partners will help you navigate through uncertainty. You also will stop at nothing to create elegant solutions based on your and your team’s clearly defined concepts. We are looking for someone with an appetite for validating ideas by running research and interpreting quantitative & qualitative data for each project. You are practiced at testing designs in small chunks to uncover insights and validate hypotheses at high speed – this ability will be an essential component to your success.
If this describes you then join our amazing team to embark on a journey to fundamentally rethink our product, transform our development process and lead an organizational shift to customer-centric, design-driven culture.
- Have worked as a design lead on cross-functional teams with Product Management, Engineering and other designers to provide quality, customer-centric designs that improve outcomes for the business and customer.
- Be comfortable managing and coaching other designers with an ability to grow designers careers and succeed on their product teams
- Show up as a leader on the design team driving functional excellence and cohesive cross-product experiences
- Enjoy being hands-on with interaction design, visual design, prototyping and customer research – taking problems from concept to implementation quickly and iteratively
- Obsess over details – UI consistency, micro-interaction, even project plans
- Appreciate critical feedback – you give it, receive it, grow from it, and seek it out through facilitating critiques and retrospectives.
- Be data-driven - whether it’s analyzing qualitative data to uncover insights or creating variations of a design for A/B testing. You balance user-centricity with an understanding of the data and business goal, and can coach others how to develop these skills.
- Value communication, organization and thoughtful rationale in design decisions.
- Empower and inspire your team and the broader organization by sharing expertise through hands-on partnership
- 6+ years experience in similar role.
- At least 1 year of experience mentoring other designers; experience designing for growth considered an asset
- Experience working with teams including Product Management, Engineering, Data Analyst, Marketing, User Research, and Content Strategy
- The ability to form strong points of view balancing business needs, data metrics, and the user’s experience
- Experience working with other designers to create a cohesive cross-product experience, both using and contributing to a centralized design system
- Expert in storytelling, and an ability to champion design rationale and advocate for it across the company
- Experience with our tool suite: Sketch, Invision, Creative Suite, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS. A advocate on new tools, design and technology trends across the company.
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
- Portfolio showcasing examples of design work, preferably Growth related
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.