Senior Product Designer
Remote, United States
About the RoleAbstract is looking for a Sr. Product Designer to help shape our best-in-class design tools. If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, and have a strong team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Operate as a design generalist, owning problems from beginning to end; translating research insights into ideas that form new features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to bring those ideas to life
- Work cross-functionally with engineering and other stakeholders to arrive at the best possible design solutions
- Own the end-to-end design process from low-fidelity sketches and user flows, wireframes and prototypes, through to pixel-perfect comps
- Work closely with developers to ensure that the finished product aligns closely with original designs and maintains a high standard of quality
- Contribute to the maintenance and evolution of a library of design patterns
- Evangelize design best practices and design rationale with stakeholders, and help inform product decision-making
- Identify metrics to measure design success and work with product and analytics to track them
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience working with in-house design teams
- Experience designing and shipping digital tools and complex systems
- Experience designing enterprise software offerings
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes seeking out and acting on feedback to continually raise the bar
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills with extensive experience collaborating with engineering to ship products
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, often wearing multiple hats
- Ability to shift gears and pivot based on customer needs
- Continuous improvement of your workflow and learning new tools
- Actively paying attention to trends in the community and forming opinions on the future of design
About AbstractAbstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate. Our company’s mission is to dramatically improve the productivity, transparency and impact of Design. Since launching in July 2017, over 7,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Microsoft, Cisco, Intuit, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more. At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is fully-remote (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!Notes In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Elastic Projects will not sponsor applicants for work visas. As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Job tags: Analytics Engineering Prototypes Research Sketches User flows Wireframes