UX Researcher, Driver Experience
San Francisco, CA
Posted 6 months ago
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking a User Experience Researcher to join our Rideshare Driver Experience team. You’ll partner with Design, Product Management, Data Science, Operations, and Engineering to derive deep insights about our users’ behaviors and attitudes, and to communicate results and actionable recommendations across the company. You’ll think big about new areas, test concepts as they are being developed, and evaluate products and services once they’ve rolled out.
You are an excellent communicator and a flexible team player that can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are also comfortable working closely with passionate cross-functional stakeholders who care deeply about creating experiences that bring people together.Responsibilities:
- Design and conduct studies across software and hardware product areas, utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, information architecture studies, surveys, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), and any other methods you find impactful
- Review, analyze, and communicate mixed methods data to generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation and design improvements for users
- Partner with our Data Science and Consumer Market Insights partners to triangulate insights into a cohesive narrative.
- Find creative and compelling ways to generate, present, and evangelize results and recommendations throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization
- 4+ years of experience conducting research, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience researching the end-to-end user experience
- Interest in partnering with teammates to increase understanding of user research
- Excellent story-telling abilities and facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage stakeholders from across the organization
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, and speak up when support and guidance is needed
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Bonus Points
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Business or a related field
- Fluency in Spanish (verbal and written)
- Experience using research to guide product development from seed-to-scale
- Design thinking methods and brainstorm facilitation
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.