Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Posted 8 months ago
To provide analytics support to the eCommerce department (see Accountabilities section below for more details.)
Roles & Responsibilities
As a member of the Product team you envision the future of the consumer-facing side of the Ocado Smart Platform. You’ll perform sophisticated analyses in support of feature design and development, evaluating the efficacy of new features being trialled in the eCommerce platform and working with the development teams to ensure that the necessary data is being produced so that these analyses can be completed. You’ll work alongside a team of Product Managers to validate key decisions and determine the future of our platform.
We desire to work with driven individuals that are able to constantly learn and adapt to new challenges.
- Conduct analysis and apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with products across platforms
- Channel the voice of the customer into the department by bringing the data to life, building empathy for our customers throughout the development community
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to solve problems and identify trends and identify opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches
- Build relationships across the business, describing insights with empathy and conviction
- Provide analytics support to the eCommerce department.
- Create test plans for new feature launches, working with our Clients to create hypotheses and acceptance criteria.
- Execute high quality A/B tests that show statistically significant results and report the impact to internal and external stakeholders.
- Create product dashboards and automated reports that provide insight to customer behaviour.
- Work with the developers to ensure that we are capturing the correct data in an easily accessible way to enable future analysis of customer behaviour.
- You will be helping to answer questions like:
- How can we improve the effectiveness of our product at recruiting and keeping customers?
- How has this new feature impacted our Product KPIs?
- Should we continue to develop this feature or move on to a new feature?
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong academic qualifications
- Interest in and curiosity about online retail
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Problem solver, constantly looking to see how we could do things better
- Experience using Excel
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with data visualisation tools eg: Tableau
- Experience with BigQuery
- Experience with Python/R
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- GymForLess discounts
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Free fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centres
- English and Spanish language courses
We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona. We growing rapidly making it a very exciting time to join!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.