Growth Marketing Manager, Paid Media
New York City
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We’re looking for an experienced and dynamic manager to help lead our digital marketing strategy and execution for MongoDB’s cloud product offering, MongoDB Atlas. Reporting into the Principal of Growth Marketing, you’ll be responsible for setting up the strategy and drive execution to deliver a best-in-class set of digital campaigns and promote initiatives to developers. You’re a strategic thinker and a collaborative leader who can help a distributed team deliver amazing digital campaigns across paid search and social, display, retargeting, based on industry best practice and user research. You’ll run campaigns in North America and internationally. You’ll be both a problem solver and a builder in this role, focused on how to connect with customers digitally and communicate the power and potential of technology.
About the role
- Lead and scale our paid search program on Google and Bing, write ad copy, perform keyword research, optimize landing pages, draw insights from data, and provide recommendations
- Own MongoDB’s display and paid social programs from strategy to execution, with responsibility for driving growth and acquisition from paid campaigns
- Actively manage and own relationship with the media agencies
- Track and analyze channel results, extract insights, and improve performance based on lessons learned
- Partner with vendors, marketing operations, and data analytics teams to measure marketing efficiency, manage the tracking process, always finding ways to become more efficient and gain more transparency into performance
- Continually innovate processes, test, and evaluate potential new sources of high-quality traffic
- BA/BS degree required
- 3-4 years of hands-on SEM experience, ideally with a high tech or Internet company
- Ability to be both strategic and tactical to prioritize opportunities, test, and implement successful campaigns
- Understanding and experience working with firsthand knowledge of ad platforms and Google Analytics
- Superior project and management skills; results-focused with superb execution and follow-through; highly attentive to detail
- Go-getter demeanor; strong problem solving and project management skills
- Technical proficiency in common online technologies, including tracking and analytics platforms
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient in new technologies
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.