Product Marketing Manager (Billing & Payments)
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Product Marketing Manager
At FreshBooks, we are passionate about helping small business owners on their journey of growth. We aim to provide tools and promote habits that help them leap over any stumbling blocks and get back to leading their business forward.
The Product Marketing Manager deeply understands and empathizes with our customers. They shape our product value and build go-to-market strategies that drive awareness, understanding, and growth of new and existing FreshBooks products.
What you'll do: Go-to-Market Strategy, Execution & Analysis
- Build/leverage customer insights, data analytics and research to develop marketing strategies for new and existing products. Your strategies may include the following:
- Segment and target audience analysis
- Pricing & monetization analysis
- Defining customer needs, including personas
- Clear product positioning and packaging, including features and benefits, and compelling content strategy to help land positioning
- Gather customer and market insights to inform go-to-market & product engagement strategies
- Coordination with business partners to define tactics for bringing the product to market across the customer lifecycle/journey
- Work in partnership with teams across FreshBooks to execute go-to-market strategies.This includes the following:
- Work in partnership with the lifecycle marketing and creative services teams to develop integrated marketing briefs that guide creative direction and meet go-to-market objectives.
- Conceptualize and execute on multi-channel campaigns across the prospect and customer lifecycle, ensuring the alignment of communications and messaging across all channels
- Lead the execution of launch and product engagement campaigns from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Develop content to support the marketing and sales team, including sales sheets, presentations, training documents, product videos.
- Contributes to Product performance tracking through Impact Readouts & Dashboard creation by collaborating with Product Managers and Product Analyst
- Be a customer advocate and product storyteller. Effectively and clearly convey your message internally across FreshBooks, and externally to customers, partners, and to the industry
What you bring:
- 4-5 years of experience in Marketing, minimum 2 years experience in Product Marketing
- Consistent track record of successfully defining, planning, positioning and launching products to market
- Strategic thinking, ability to understand the “big picture” and use creative problem solving to drive impact & results.
- Experience collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders and influencing cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience communicating a company’s or product’s unique value proposition to potential customers, partners and market influencers
- Enthusiasm for fast-paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial and results-driven environment
- Bonus points if you have: experience in analyzing and interpreting data, producing insights, managing product marketing strategy through partner channels, or with international product release
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.